Recent content by Wolvesfan

  1. Wolvesfan

    PKR Long Story of my Battle with a Bad Knee

    @beesknee...Ah, yes. I remember feeling like I’d turned a corner, and then the next day my knee would remind me that it was still the boss. I’d get frustrated and discouraged and be very, very crabby (and sometimes I’d have a meltdown which involved lots of tears!), but it all worked out in the...
  2. Wolvesfan

    PKR Clunky Knee

    It will get better, @Ginger1210!
  3. Wolvesfan

    PKR Long Story of my Battle with a Bad Knee

    @beesknee ... I smiled when I read the comment about a PKR being perfect for an 85 year old. My dad had a TKR when he was in his 80’s, and I commented to my surgeon that I couldn’t imagine going through this surgery and recovery at that age. He said that he loves operating on octogenarians...
  4. Wolvesfan

    PKR Long Story of my Battle with a Bad Knee

    Hi @beesknee ... Wow, you’ve had many adventures with your knee! I had a right medial PKR in March 2020, and my surgeon told me numerous times that complete recovery would take a full year. Of course, I thought that was ridiculous; that I would recover much more quickly...but he was right. My...
  5. Wolvesfan

    PKR Clunky Knee

    @Ginger1210 ... At seven weeks post op, I think you’re in one of the most emotionally difficult times of recovery. At that point for me, I was often so frustrated with the slow recovery process, and I just wanted my life back. I was tired of the swelling, the discomfort and limitations, and the...
  6. Wolvesfan

    TKR Emotionally Stuck

    There is definitely a period of time when the novelty of recovery becomes the reality...and you realize that this really will take a long time. The aches and pains, the stiffness and swelling, and the occasional reliance on others for things you’ve always done yourself; well, you just want to be...
  7. Wolvesfan

    PKR One Year Update

    Hi VolFan0927! I wouldn’t say I made sizeable improvements in ROM after six months; more like small but steady gains. And I think I’m still improving. Just this week I had my annual eye checkup. As I was waiting for the doc to enter the exam room, I noticed that I had both legs tucked quite far...
  8. Wolvesfan

    PKR One Year Update

    @Ginger1210 ... Thank you so much for this advice. It’s so helpful to hear from people who have had a similar procedure!
  9. Wolvesfan

    PKR One Year Update

    @Jockette ... Hello! Yes, I had the arthroscopic surgery on 4/14. Thanks for taking note of that!
  10. Wolvesfan

    PKR One Year Update

    @djklaugh ... that is so encouraging! I hope my long term outcome is as good as yours, too!
  11. Wolvesfan

    PKR One Year Update

    @Goma...I’m glad your recovery is going well! I tripped over a chunk of ice in January, and fell hard on both knees. Of course, I was worried about my replaced knee, but it was fine...however, I did injure my “good” knee. After hobbling around with increasing pain, my OS ordered an MRI, which...
  12. Wolvesfan

    PKR One Year Update

    @Ginger1210 ... I’m so glad my recovery thread was helpful for you! Truly, the only people who understand the physical and emotional aspects of recovering from knee replacement surgery are those who have been there...and even then, we’re all different! At my three month checkup, I told my OS...
  13. Wolvesfan

    TKR JennyLynne’s Next Chapter

    @JennyLynne ... Just today, I was thinking about the Bonesmarties who supported me after my PKR last year, and you were most certainly one of them! It’s great to read your update, and I’m so glad you’re doing well. Enjoy the summer!
  14. Wolvesfan

    Bilateral PKR Stairs are still difficult

    @Citylady52 ... By the one year mark, my PKR knee was great. I was doing fine going up and down stairs. Then, at the end of January, I tripped on a chunk of ice and went down hard on both knees. My PKR knee was bruised but otherwise ok. However, I tore the meniscus in what used to be my good...
  15. Wolvesfan

    TKR 3 Year Update

    What a great update!
Back
Top Bottom