Recent content by Windsong

  1. Windsong

    THR Yabba Dabba Do!

    Thanks @Layla! Hope everyone has a great 2019! This has been an interesting journey and I have to keep reminding myself that the healing process still continues and I have to be patient to get the muscle strength back that I lost in the year before surgery. I know tomorrow is another day but...
  2. Windsong

    Hip replacement is in my future

    Ahh yes, wanting to believe you can put off the inevitable because right now the pain is tolerable. You’ve already gotten a glimpse of how bad the pain can be and believe me you don’t want to wait until that pain is an 8 for 24 hours a day non-stop. I know it seems like you can put it off and...
  3. Windsong

    THR Yabba Dabba Do!

    Meant to post my progress at my 3 month mark (12/24) but got busy with all the holiday hustle and bustle. It has now been almost 4 months (on Monday) and it’s hard to believe that amount of time has already passed. Time seemed to stand still for those first 6 weeks but after I returned to work...
  4. Windsong

    THR Yabba Dabba Do!

    I’m now at 8 weeks (+ 2 days) since my hip replacement and just for posterity’s sake thought I would write an update. I am continually amazed and oh so grateful for having such a truly unremarkable recovery. I lurked on this website for a year before my surgery and learned so much on what I...
  5. Windsong

    THR Yabba Dabba Do!

    It’s remarkable to me that 1 month has already gone by! Honestly, my recovery has been pretty unremarkable. I started using the cane at week 2 and then slowly but surely kept forgetting to pick it up all throughout my daily activities in the apartment. I didn’t push it though since I could tell...
  6. Windsong

    Hip surgery in my future

    @allena: I think everyone has a different hospital experience so I would caution you to not get too caught up into all the little (to me) details. I too had to be at the hospital at 4:30 in the morning (surgery scheduled for 6:30) but looking back at it now, it went quickly. Probably because I...
  7. Windsong

    Hip surgery in my future

    Everyone reacts differently to the pain medication. I was getting a combination of Oxycodone and Tramadol in the hospital. I realized when I got home the Oxycodone was making me feel sleepy and nauseous so I started using just the Tramadol plus Tylenol and I’ve been off of that for the last...
  8. Windsong

    Hip surgery in my future

    @allena You might be pleasantly surprised by how much sleep you do get. I too assumed I would hardly sleep the night before surgery but I did. When I mentioned it to a nurse she said that sometimes happens because you’re experiencing relief that the day you’ve waited for is finally here. And...
  9. Windsong

    THR Bilateral changed to Single

    @Lea61 I’ve graduated to using a cane but physical therapist and dr office want me to still use walker when going out somewhere. I just came back with having lunch with a friend and used the walker per orders. The walker was necessary pre-surgery since June and I hated using it but it allowed me...
  10. Windsong

    THR Heal first, then exercise, then dance!

    @An54: There is absolutely no reason for you to feel guilty for a positive post. For someone like me who is at the beginning of this journey(THR on 10/1) it is inspiring and hopeful to see a recovery like yours! None of us knows when we begin this journey how things will work out. That is one of...
  11. Windsong

    THR Bilateral changed to Single

    Please don’t stress about not being able to some of those exercises or the stairs right now. It will come in time. Even before PT had me do those exercises, I had tried to do the leg slide just to try and get some relief from being in the same position in bed all the time, not as an exercise to...
  12. Windsong

    THR On recovery journey

    @cheermom - you’re not being disruptive at all. The type of surgery you had with the Stryker Mako robotics is probably why the difference in the aggressive PT. I think it’s the newness of being exposed to a new method (at least for me) that’s fascinating. I’m happy you’re posting your recovery...
  13. Windsong

    Hip surgery in my future

    SIL is just my shortcut for sister in law which is a pain to type out everytime.
  14. Windsong

    Hip surgery in my future

    Honestly, I think that booklet is meant to cover themselves from a legal standpoint. If you go to the recovery forum you can read honest recovery stories and be inspired that you will be able to lead a normal life again.
  15. Windsong

    Hip surgery in my future

    I had my THR 18 days ago and everything I was worried about (except for being nauseous after surgery and more medication did help deal with that) has not happened. Everyone is different on how they handle pain. I just acceped it knowing it would eventually be gone after surgery. I dragged myself...
Back
Top Bottom