Recent content by William1950

  1. William1950

    TKR Reassurance needed

    Knee doing well still doing my exercises and seeing PT. Sleep still an issue but I think it is now driven by my anxiety in general. So seen my GP and it was agreed to taper of the Mirtazapine and for me to go on something else, he believes that to get my anxiety better then sleep will come. I...
  2. William1950

    TKR Reassurance needed

    Update seen my GP and we have decided to taper of the med I was taking and take it from there. My conclusion is that my anxiety had taken over as my knee is on track with no pain still doing PT I think I let timescales get to me so at 3 months I was expected to be back to normal sleep so I just...
  3. William1950

    TKR Reassurance needed

    Spoken to my GP and we agreed I would have a face to face with him next Thursday to find a plan on how I can move forward. Going to see my counsellor each week. At present I stay on the 15mg mirtzapine until I see him. It’s so frustrating that it was working with my sleep and appetite then it...
  4. William1950

    TKR Reassurance needed

    Me again about my lack of sleep. Is anyone else had this issue week 11 post op. I have seen some older post on here but not recently. I am not in pain my PT is on track , ROM on track. The meds I am taking I think I have tolerance for them so going to ask my GP if I can taper off and see how...
  5. William1950

    TKR Reassurance needed

    I forgot to say I have no pain just swelling after exercise and walking.
  6. William1950

    TKR Reassurance needed

    I think my biggest worry is will my sleep ever get back to normal Got an telephone appn with my GP next Tuesday and seeing my counselor next Wednesday. I cannot get my head round waking up but not being able to get back to sleep. I get up walk.around, play podcasts. I try to think about that it...
  7. William1950

    TKR Reassurance needed

    Hi everyone on week 10 week 11 soon. I know I written this before but it’s the sleep issue yet again had some good nights sleeping but then also having early wake ups as well. I wake up naturally with no pain but then cannot get back to sleep which is frustrating. I have tried to take on board...
  8. William1950

    TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

    10 years what a milestone so impressed with your openness and help to us all. Great job . :)
  9. William1950

    TKR Reassurance needed

    Well got to Abbey Rd I could have done with a good night sleep only got four hours. I know it might be some more weeks/months to come right, just a few more hours would be nice. Anyway had a great time sung 3 songs in total. Trains full due to the London Marathon and also Football at Wembley...
  10. William1950

    TKR Reassurance needed

    Layla thanks for asking it’s tomorrow Sunday got my cane to hand even though I don’t need it’s so I can a seat on the trains, with others on there going to the London marathon. :heehee: We are singing A Little Respect and Someone You Loved. Going be a long day. I know this site is about...
  11. William1950

    TKR Reassurance needed

    Seen my GP she thinks its my anxious state but say to up my sleeping meds to 15mg from tonight. I thought the lack of sleep would have stating to lessen as I am more mobile, driving, going for walks maybe not very long ones. Going upstairs using both legs still working on down. My PT said my...
  12. William1950

    TKR Reassurance needed

    So I thought I was on the up and up but after 2 weeks my Mirtazapine seem to have stopped working told my GP he agreed to wait a bit then maybe put the dose up. Now I am back waking early and hearing my heart beat. Last night I went to bed 10pm woke up at around 12 with heart beat raised so...
  13. William1950

    TKR Reassurance needed

    Hi, now into week 8 my sleeping and eating are getting better. My question is what exercises should I be doing and how many times a day should I do them have read your recovery guidelines. Also realise I am going through the squiggly line of progress. At hydrotherapy before going into the water...
  14. William1950

    TKR Reassurance needed

    Started driving had to adjust the car seat, not driving to far just need to get my confidence back, I drive a manual car so my left knee gets a work out changing gear. My PT at my hydrotherapy said I am doing well my knee was at 3 and 119 after my session, I realise that might slip a bit but I...
  15. William1950

    TKR Reassurance needed

    I saw my consultant made him aware of my lack of sleep and eating. He said he was aware of this with people after TKR but said that it was known about but did not offer any explanation. He was very pleased with my knee he thought I not would be at this point due my anxiety. He was happy with...
Back
Top Bottom