Recent content by Widge422

  1. Widge422

    THR CatLady1 - recovery thread

    Wow @catlady, cleared for work! You have the wrong medical care! Lol My consultant signed me off work for 3 months from surgery date, I won't be contemplating going back to work until beginning of April and then it will be a phased return, my Physio agrees, although on the outside the wound has...
  2. Widge422

    THR The Widger has a new hip

    Hello all, another positive day today, hope all is well with you fellow hipsters?? I cooked a roast dinner, went to Costa, stripped and made the boys beds and had a little drive, feeling fab but having a good rest now! Interested to here how everyone else is getting on?? X Becki - RTHR - 6th...
  3. Widge422

    THR The Widger has a new hip

    Hi bettifloss, it's a good idea to tell your insurance company but there's no law against driving, if you have an email from your consultant saying you can drive that's fine. My husband is an insurance broker and he definitely wouldn't let me drive unless it was legal!! X Becki - RTHR - 6th...
  4. Widge422

    THR The Widger has a new hip

    @readysteadygo, happy anniversary for tomorrow! Yes slow progress but feeling much more positive now. Completely agree @bettifloss, the hard part is over now and I might even try and have a go at driving on Monday!? X Becki - RTHR - 6th Jan 2016
  5. Widge422

    THR The Widger has a new hip

    No, I haven't really iced at all as I have a fear of ice and cold things, it causes me excessive pain! X Becki - RTHR - 6th Jan 2016
  6. Widge422

    THR The Widger has a new hip

    Hi all, thanks for all your messages. Saw Physio on Thursday and he thinks I was just overdoing it and not sticking to the 90 degree rule! he said my flexion is the best he has seen in a very long time and not stiff at all which is great but also means I am very loose and then more likely to...
  7. Widge422

    THR The Widger has a new hip

    I'm in bed now, petrified to move, going to try and get some sleep and hope it feels better in the morning! I'm scared I've dislocated it or something?? X Becki - RTHR - 6th Jan 2016
  8. Widge422

    THR The Widger has a new hip

    OMG! Owwwww pain, I've suddenly got a really sharp pain right at the bottom of my scar! Help, what could it be? I'm scared, can bearly walk x Becki - RTHR - 6th Jan 2016
  9. Widge422

    THR The Widger has a new hip

    @geneva, the last couple of nights I have taken 2 amitriptyline instead of just one and sleeping on the other side of the bed as I already sleep on my side and it means I am facing out, this has worked so far and feel so much better for 2 decent nights sleep. I feel ready to start getting back...
  10. Widge422

    THR The Widger has a new hip

    I do take an amitriptyline at night which is supposed to help you sleep, it always used to knock me out but doesn't work anymore!? x Becki - RTHR - 6th Jan 2016
  11. Widge422

    THR The Widger has a new hip

    @CatLady1 - I can't get to sleep in the first place, don't actually feel that tired, just on paracetamol now really, have stopped the morphine tablets but might take some oral morphine now and again if I get occasional pain!? X Becki - RTHR - 6th Jan 2016
  12. Widge422

    THR The Widger has a new hip

    Ok! It's 1.25am here in the UK and I am still awake, this is now a nightly thing, I think I have slept maybe 3 nights since my op on 6th Jan, it's really getting me down and I don't know what to do! Should I still be suffering this badly 3 weeks in? Any advice is greatly appreciated x Becki...
  13. Widge422

    THR The Widger has a new hip

    Hi bettifloss, great to hear from you, how are you getting on. Yes, the Naproxen did work for me before the op and what your saying makes perfect sense, I will stick with them I think, I just really want to get some normality back in my system but I know all good things and that, they didn't...
  14. Widge422

    THR The Widger has a new hip

    Hi Jaycey, could I ask another question pls?? I'm still taking the naproxen and not sure they are doing anything anymore as they were prescribed before the op, do you think I could stop taking them? I basically only on the blood thinning meds and paracetamol now x Becki - RTHR - 6th Jan 2016
  15. Widge422

    THR The Widger has a new hip

    Hi, yes check on wound went ok, just me panicking again, although the nurse sis say they could have done with keeping the staples in a couple more days! It still feels very numb around the wound area, is this normal 3 weeks in!? X Becki - RTHR - 6th Jan 2016
Back
Top Bottom