Recent content by Whome08

  1. W

    MUA Whome08's Recovery thread

    wow. thank you for sharing that. I kind of feel the year point is the cutoff for improvement. I'll remain optimistic.
  2. W

    MUA Whome08's Recovery thread

    So I am 10 month post surgery and 8 months post MUA. Still experiencing a lot of stiffness and heat coming from knee. It feels great when I wake up and then I can feel it starting to tighten up. I have attached a photo where it is numb and very hard. Flexion is very good, bend is anywhere...
  3. W

    MUA Whome08's Recovery thread

    So I've been taking a hiatus from this forum. Trying to get back into life. It's been almost 8 months and I am still dealing with stiffness and swelling. The right side of my knee (right knee) it still numb and hard. Not sure what this is. I am continuing to stretch and walk. I try not to...
  4. W

    MUA My difficult right knee replacement surgery!<

    I couldn't agree more with the advice you are getting here. My recovery has been nothing short of a roller coaster ride. I have had poor ROM, had the MUA. It was only after I laid off the aggressive PT that things started to change. It's been 3 months almost to the day and I feel like...
  5. W

    TKR Getting stronger every day

    Congratulations. Yes. I think there comes a time when there is a turning point and everything just kind of falls in place. Wishing you continued healing.
  6. W

    MUA My difficult right knee replacement surgery!<

    I am so sorry you are going thru this. I had my right knee TKR on 10/17 I had limited ROM. I realized that the aggressive PT was not helping and just making me more inflammed and uncomfortable. I did have an MUA, my circumstances were a bit different. I am now almost three months out and...
  7. W

    MUA Whome08's Recovery thread

    Today was a good day! I drove for the first time since my surgery 10/17. Feel a new sense of freedom. I can start to feel my knee being a bit more cooperative although I still get stiff very quickly after being on it for a little while. Still icing and elevating a lot. Going up the...
  8. W

    MUA Whome08's Recovery thread

    Now that Christmas is over I feel like I can relax a bit more and focus on recovery again. I seem to be making progress again. I actually feel better and want to start doing more things around the house etc. PT is going well. I don't push myself and I am only seeing the PT that I trust...
  9. W

    MUA Whome08's Recovery thread

    Just came back from 2 week post MUA. Surgeon emphasized ROM and the "window" I have to get it back. Of course, more pushing on the knee. GRRR. Now it's sore again. I am becoming more active so I am not worried about getting it back so quickly. Walking better with walker as I started to...
  10. W

    MUA Whome08's Recovery thread

    Hooray for you too!!!!
  11. W

    MUA Whome08's Recovery thread

    just a quick update: spent most of yesterday elevating and icing. did some walking around the house. The swelling and tight feeling has gone down considerably. It has made me feel much better. Did the CPM machine this morning just to get the knee loosened up again and then walked a bit...
  12. W

    MUA Whome08's Recovery thread

    Thank you for your input I appreciate your advice
  13. W

    MUA Whome08's Recovery thread

    Hello, just an update on my progress or lack thereof. I had an MUA on 12/4. Doctor said it went well. He got to 130. Before going under he said I would have minimal pain not to worry. Ha! After MUA I was in so much pain I couldn't stand. I had a blinding pain that went straight down...
  14. W

    MUA Whome08's Recovery thread

    It's like an elliptical machine but you sit down. I use the handles to control the stretch on my knee
  15. W

    TKR Beachy in recovery<

    Glad you are feeling better
Back
Top Bottom