Recent content by westsea

  1. westsea

    THR Tweetybrd's new hip!!

    I think your idea of gentle walking pt is the way to go as well. I did go to a pt appointment one week after surgery. It was a push to get into and out of the car and the therapist had me do these innocuous seeming exercises. It didn't help that there was a fire alarm and we evacuated the...
  2. westsea

    THR All done, I hope

    @Tweetybrd I'm glad I got back in time to say good luck on your surgery Friday! It's kinda like you count backwards and wake up in recovery. I'll be looking for your recovery thread!
  3. westsea

    THR All done, I hope

    I hope this title and content works. I'm one big typo lately. I tried to start a thread Tuesday the 10th but no... I have ice on my left gluteus maximus (sp), Liz and I cleaned the kitchen, mostly Liz. So nice! My son John is making okonomiaki (sp) for my other daughter's birthday dinner...
  4. westsea

    Three down - one to go!

    Thank you Tweetybird! I started a post op thread called...oh my...never start a post op thread without writing down the name of the thread. I must have made a mistake and now its lost in cyberspace forever.
  5. westsea

    Three down - one to go!

    Good luck to you too B Hip!
  6. westsea

    Three down - one to go!

    @Josephine and @Me2 Oooo, I'm glad I don't have rheumatoid arthritis. As long as I can keep playing my violin I'm ok on the top half. As for feet and ankles, they twinge at times but I'm hoping I can get by with good shoes/boots. And then there's the back, so-far-so-good-knock-on-wood.
  7. westsea

    Three down - one to go!

    @Jaycey, Thank you for your welcome, comments, and encouragement! @Tweetybrd, I can give tips, just ask me! @Me2, Yes bionic! I do remember you @zauberflöte but I still don't know how to do an umlaut so I block copy. Flutes are cool. I've been playing my violin a lot more since last time...
  8. westsea

    Three down - one to go!

    I'm getting the left hip fixed January 9th. That will make both hips and both knees replaced since April 1, 2013. I think I got the bad wear and tear gene from my Dad who should have had both knees replaced. He was active his whole life but the knees slowed him down which I think hurt his...
  9. westsea

    2017 January Jackpots - Are you having hip surgery in January?

    I am scheduled to have my left hip fixed on Jan 9 2017. Its not keeping me awake much yet but its slowing me down and I know its not going to get better. I want to take walks and hikes and bike rides! I need to go-go-go! I promised myself I wouldn't wait 7 years like I did on my right hip.
  10. westsea

    TKR Second Knee Way Easier

    The new knee does feel stuck at times in bed. My 3 year old knee doesn't do that anymore. At first the new knee knee cap seemed to slide around when I would bend down too. It has that metal thing on the back of the patella. The 3 year old knee didn't have the metal thing and seemed stuck and...
  11. westsea

    TKR Second Knee Way Easier

    I have been so busy since I had my right TKR I haven't started a thread til now. I was reading back over my left knee replacement thread ( https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/worried-about-rom.20943/page-3#post-520201 ) and this knee is so much easier! I was hoping it would be. So I tested...
  12. westsea

    2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

    I probably won't get to run at 60 MPH but maybe I'll get to hike and take meaningfully long walks? Hope so! Thank you Judy B!
  13. westsea

    2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

    Hi! I am getting my right knee fixed (TKR) June 29. I'm looking forward to not having pain in every step I take, and having my knee get better and not worse.
  14. westsea

    THR one year later ...

    @zauberflöte Hi after all this time! I never saw when you tagged me Z, but its not too long ago. Glad you are doing well and congrats on the son's marriage! I also have arthritis in my good left hip and I think it got a little aggravated by the stiff left knee post-knee-op. I was thinking...
  15. westsea

    TKR Worried About ROM

    I feel less worried about how my knee will end up now that I can bend it noticeably past 90 deg. It feels good to bend it now. I only said the "worried about ROM" thing because I named my thread that when I couldn't bend my knee past 70 deg 2 weeks postop and the PA said things about my lacking...
Back
Top Bottom