Recent content by weasel52

  1. weasel52

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    Left TKR 2 Feb, 26 days later. Staples out healing well. Extension good, bend not so good, still swollen inside joint, able to sleep on side now yay :loveshwr:
  2. weasel52

    TKR When will the swelling end?

    I asked the first pt lady I saw in hosp if she had been in the Spanish inquisition? I wondered to her how people managed who had bilateral knees done, she replied, no one has 2 done at the same time , that's very rare. Having read lots of posts on here about those who have btkr, I choose to...
  3. weasel52

    TKR Panic after surgery<

    I was a bit worried about mine coming out, had no idea how it worked, so watched a utube video. In the end it was fine, a few were a bit sticky, but otherwise, no pain. Knee felt less restricted to bend after, but a dressing back on and as stiff as ever.
  4. weasel52

    TKR New knee for weasel 2 Feb !

    Thanks @jaschembra , It helps a lot to know everyone has or is going through the same thing. I had better than 90 degree bend in the hosp couple of days after op, but now can't even really get 90 . OS says he knows it goes all the way back, cos he bent it on table. Hoping it gets better. Leg...
  5. weasel52

    TKR New knee for weasel 2 Feb !

    Hi all, It is now 15 days since op, staples out yesterday. Steri-stripped and covered by fresh dressing. Wound looks good. Elevation is easier and swelling has gone down a bit, but bend not so good, very tight. Made the mistake of coming down first step with good leg yesterday, boy did I yelp...
  6. weasel52

    TKR New knee for weasel 2 Feb !

    Hi @PolarBear60 , Thanks , yes I'm using little bottles of water to freeze and go in bucket. Have tried to tighten the nuts as best I can , think it's the inside nut, but haven't got a decent spanner to do it. Another bucket should be coming hopefully today. In hospital I had quite a good...
  7. weasel52

    TKR New knee for weasel 2 Feb !

    Yes I have an app on phone and programmed them all on it. Feeling pretty good and can manage stairs ,friend lent me a high toilet seat, which is brill. Apart from the bucket, today was a good day.
  8. weasel52

    TKR New knee for weasel 2 Feb !

    Home, hurrah, getting into my daughter's little car wasn't as bad as I'd feared. Connected up new aircast bucket and the ruddy thing leaks ! Siting in another bucket with a towel to cover me when I fill it. :tantrum2:
  9. weasel52

    TKR New knee for weasel 2 Feb !

    Had a weepy day, couldn't cope with pain, saw surgeon, gave me something stronger, worked, slept a lot, then managed to walk up a down corridor a little every time I went to bathroom. . I asked for a pillow or pad to put under leg, as it hurts without any support. They said no way ! So I...
  10. weasel52

    TKR New knee for weasel 2 Feb !

    Pics of new knee day after op. Drains in, then removed.
  11. weasel52

    TKR New knee for weasel 2 Feb !

    Day 1 after op, as predicted, Physio said,. " Must do exercises and get mobile. NEVER to use leg lifter , when I mentioned I had made one from sheet at home ( as suggested on here,) just in case I need it. Gave me donjoy cuff and aircast bucket to use. Said not to disconnect and walk about...
  12. weasel52

    TKR New knee for weasel 2 Feb !

    Ok just had op, back on ward :dead: feeling a bit weird. No pain yet, pins and needles in leg from back anaesthetic. Feet cuffs keep inflating. Been a little sick. But otherwise ok. OS said before op,. Will be numb on outside of knee, having swelling, soreness etc for several months. My...
  13. weasel52

    Ice Machine recommendations?

    My hospital has said they give you a cryo cuff but not the bucket. Said they give it to you filled, and just to refreeze it each time it warms up. A patient who was at the pre op with me for their 2nd tkr said they were given this on their 1st , so they got a bucket on eBay. Told me it worked...
  14. weasel52

    2017 February Valentines - Are you having knee surgery in February?

    Froggy 59 We're on the same date , good luck with yours. Really hoping things will be better afterwards, feeling very pathetic, hobbling round the shops today. Know what you mean about the recovery, some worrying stories on here.wont really know what it will be like till I'm there. Keep in...
  15. weasel52

    2017 February Valentines - Are you having knee surgery in February?

    Was scheduled to have LTKR Jan 5th, but had positive nasal swab results 2 days before surgery. So am now due to have it on Feb 2nd. Almost a relief, as was getting very stressed about it. Have calmed down somewhat I think. Anybody in UK, getting it done this month?
Back
Top Bottom