Recent content by Was_86

  1. W

    Realistic back to work time line.......

    It varies, I went back to work after 6 weeks, as per my surgeon. I could've gone back to work after 4 weeks. Mine was done Anterior approach. If you're doing desk job, it'd possible to go back to work after 2-3 weeks.
  2. W

    THR I made it to the other side. My recovery thread.

    Hello Everyone, Hope all is well. It's been a while since I posted over here. My right hip is fine, left one hurts but not to a point where it's falling apart. Last month, I had a Cervical spine surgery to remove a tumor from C5 spine. Total different ball game. Winter was tough, I wasn't...
  3. W

    THR Anterior THR

    Hey, I am 28 like you. AVN on both hips. Had my RTHR exactly 3 months ago the same way as yours. Can't complain, life is back to normal enjoying my new hip. My quad still stings more like buzzes when I touch or grab my quads. I am trying my best to delay my other hip being replaced. At...
  4. W

    THR I made it to the other side. My recovery thread.

    @CanukTriMom Thank You for your wishes!!!! Very thought of you. I am alive!!!! Enjoying my new hip. Tomorrow will be last PT session. I decided to have PT for three months. My therapist is a certified yoga instructor and she has very helpful toward the whole entire process. I will miss...
  5. W

    THR Makoplasty Recovery in CT

    What's your recovery plan? Are you having home therapy or going straight to outpatient therapy? Also are you having a nurse visit you as well? I would recommend any place that is affiliated with NYU. If not any place where the therapist gives you full attention. Not a big fan of places where...
  6. W

    THR THR in 20's

    @charley86 like you I am 28. I had my rTHR 4 weeks before you. My left is already screaming to be replaced curse you AVN. When I was 21. I was diagnosed with multiple brain tumors. I already had two surgeries. I am deaf with my left ear and right one is a mess. Cheer up mate, things could...
  7. W

    THR Makoplasty Recovery in CT

    I had no restrictions after my surgery. I was sleeping on my operated after 10 days. That's when I actually could turn to my right. Next Monday will be 12 weeks since surgery and my thigh still Twinkles. No bruises or anything but tight. The incision area is rough. Groin area Is stiff. Turning...
  8. W

    THR Makoplasty Recovery in CT

    @kfenn The surgeon at NYU are wonderful. Dr lamont did my surgery we spoke almost daily basis for first two weeks before I started my OP therapy. I email him at 3 in the morning first night home because I had allergic reactions to oxycodone. By 5 am he called me back and at 7 am he...
  9. W

    THR Makoplasty Recovery in CT

    Thanks for the contact info. Being honest, first two weeks are tough. I had insomnia due to painkiller withdrawal. In top of that I became allergic to oxycodone after my surgery I had groin and pain around my knee for over 6 weeks since surgery . I still have tightness and discomfort around...
  10. W

    THR Makoplasty Recovery in CT

    I possible please ask for dr. Meeree assistant email address. I would like to her question regarding scheduling an appointment.
  11. W

    Out of network Doc

    Good luck. You will be fine. The nurses and their assistant at NYU are great!!!! The quality of food is outstanding as well. I am very interested in your recovery thread. I have few questions for you. What is the recovery time for your surgery? How many post op appointments you have? My...
  12. W

    THR Xtina16405 recovery thread

    I did acupuncture yesterday for my operate thigh. It was a wonderful feeling. It took a lot of tension out of the muscles. My knee still hurts but the muscles feels softer.
  13. W

    My Introduction - 28 Years Old with AVN

    @katiebeth1227 About 9 weeks ago I had my right hip replaced at NYU HJD. My surgeon was Dr. Justin Lamont. Highly recommend him. He is a professional and has been practicing over 30 years. He knows what he is doing and he is very good at his job. I am also 28 like you. You can't go...
  14. W

    THR THR in 20's

    It's been 9 weeks and I still have problems with turning my hip inward. It will probably take a while. As per my therapist. You will also have problem after working out. My legs feel weak the operated one.
Back
Top Bottom