Recent content by Walkinginthesand

  1. Walkinginthesand

    THR hipster333 is in recovery<

    Having a great time with new hip! 8 months out and if I do too much, hip gets “tired”. Took a family road trip to Chicago and I have a knot beside scar so I pulled out the ice again. Too much sitting in a yucky seat. I thought by 8 months it would be CURED but then I remember many posts of it...
  2. Walkinginthesand

    THR Sarak - There's Life After a Hip Replacement

    I just picked back up this morning and have been away WAY too long. @SaraK what have you done??! All through my recovery, you were my “dancing queen” and it sounds like you hurt yourself. I can’t go far enough back in the thread to find answers. :shrug:
  3. Walkinginthesand

    THR Spring is right around the corner

    Thank you everybody! I need to look back at how difficult life was BEFORE THR and how I gauged a store size as to whether I could walk it. Now I know I can and it’s not a problem. Just a little more patience! Being in this group just helps remind us of what we can do as well as offer the...
  4. Walkinginthesand

    THR Spring is right around the corner

    Will try that tomorrow. How long do most people need pain meds?
  5. Walkinginthesand

    THR Spring is right around the corner

    @Josephine I take 1000 to 1500 mg of Tylenol when needed
  6. Walkinginthesand

    THR Spring is right around the corner

    You are very accurate! I just want it to be done, to walk the dog:dogsniff: and not be concerned if she pulls at the leash. Jealousy creeps in when I read 12 weeks and people are healed. :tantrum2: Just really want to not think about walking without limping or walking down steps. Impatience is...
  7. Walkinginthesand

    THR Spring is right around the corner

    I am not sure I am having trouble, more curious as to others recovery. I am 4 months post op and was no weight bearing for 6 week. I do great at the beginning of the day, but by evening I am really limping. My leg just gets really tired. Most of “my group” has graduated and doesn’t post much and...
  8. Walkinginthesand

    THR hipster333 is in recovery<

    @hipster333 and @Layla I am sorry you are having pains. May I join that group? I thought at 4 months post-op I would be PERFECT but still having some obnoxious pain. Like you said @hipster333, it is moving. My knees, both replaced, ache by the end of the day and hip aches. I limp badly after an...
  9. Walkinginthesand

    THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

    @danabanana i needed to read your post! I thought I was doing a horrible job of recovery- 4 months out and still wobbly by the end of the day. Wanted to be walking the dog QUICKLY around the neighborhood but I still walk pretty slow. Sound familiar!?
  10. Walkinginthesand

    THR hipster333 is in recovery<

    @hipster333 i am having buttock and lower back pain from making legs the same length after YEARS of not being equal. Hot bath feels wonderful and some nights a heating pad feels good too. I keep ice and heat at hand. It is quickly obvious which feels most beneficial! Chin up! We have a lot of...
  11. Walkinginthesand

    THR Spring is right around the corner

    @Poodles we were at my husband’s oncologist last week and he said after THR, his wife was frustrated until about 3 1/2 to 4 months and then she suddenly “got better”! She is an active gal and sounds like frustrations we all have expressed. I remember being released to go back to work 6 weeks...
  12. Walkinginthesand

    THR Spring is right around the corner

    Plus @Jaycey i do myself in some days by not resting and going too long and too hard.
  13. Walkinginthesand

    THR Spring is right around the corner

    @hikejunkie the tennis ball comes and goes but that is perfect analogy! Plus lower back is so sore from Doc making legs the same length after not bring since childhood!! :dubious: Lots of adjusting @Layla I realize. How could I have had so much patience with teaching kiddos for 30 years and...
  14. Walkinginthesand

    THR Spring is right around the corner

    @Jaycey it is difficult. I was active even while hurting and limping so I am hard on myself. I know it is the “molding and shaping” that is going on and I need to just give it more time to heal. Somebody said they are tired of people telling you where you “should be” at 3 months!!!! “You’re...
Back
Top Bottom