Recent content by wabley

  1. wabley

    THR Bilateral AVN THR recovery

    Has anyone had issues with what feels like a trapped nerve/muscle strain on just one side? Back in 2019/2020 I used to run 3 or 4 times a week but I had to stop because my hip muscles on my right side were always playing up and it was interfering with every day life. I’m now getting the same...
  2. wabley

    THR Bilateral AVN THR recovery

    Hi everyone, I hope you’re all doing ok. We celebrated my son’s 1st birthday today (a few weeks late so I could do a bit more) and have had a wonderful day with family and friends. However, it’s kind of dawned on me now that I have overdone it today and have possibly been overdoing it a bit...
  3. wabley

    THR Bilateral AVN THR recovery

    That’s the thing. It really is just at the drop of a hat. Sometimes when I’m in public and it feels so embarrassing. My hips are doing really well I think. My right hip is still giving me a bit of a niggle but not the hip itself, more the skin and muscle. And the smaller incision on my left side...
  4. wabley

    THR A Matching Pair of Hips! RTHR

    I am! I was discharged 3 weeks exactly after my first hip. Been meaning to check in on here for a while but baby life took over after 3 weeks away from him.
  5. wabley

    THR A Matching Pair of Hips! RTHR

    Sounds like everything is going really well! The weather has been so awful for me too which is quite frustrating when I just want to get out and about for some small walks! I don’t mind cold, or wind, but the rain makes me nervous.
  6. wabley

    THR Bilateral AVN THR recovery

    Thanks for the message! I’ve been meaning to check in on here for a while but keeping up with a baby (who turned 1 on the 10th) is a lot. Physically, I’m doing really well. I was discharged from hospital at 3 weeks exactly from my first hip and my physiotherapists were all so happy and impressed...
  7. wabley

    THR Bilateral AVN THR recovery

    I've been told by physio that today is the day we try stairs! I've been anxious about this day because for the past year, stairs have been my nemesis. They are the thing that has physically made me cry more than any other thing because of the pain they have put me in, and have felt like the...
  8. wabley

    THR Bilateral AVN THR recovery

    Hi all, thanks for checking in with me. I'm 3 days post right hip and to be honest, my main takeaway so far is that I can't get over how good my left hip feels already. My right hip on Tuesday was more complex so I was in surgery for a lot longer. The canal was too narrow so needed widening...
  9. wabley

    THR Bilateral AVN THR recovery

    Counting down to my next replacement on Tuesday on my right hip. 2 more sleeps. Today i have started noticing some painful numbness (the only way I can think to describe it) in my left side when I sit down. It’s made me want to keep getting back into bed as it doesn’t hurt me then, but I also...
  10. wabley

    THR Bilateral AVN THR recovery

    Hiya! I am currently 2 days post LTHR after one hell of a fight to get here. The surgeon is very happy with my progress, no nerve damage, getting out of bed and managed a little walk around the room today. He would like to press on with my RTHR on Tuesday, so the surgeries will be 1 week apart...
  11. wabley

    Bilateral THR Bilateral AVN but BMI “too high”

    I hope this is the case! And thank you for saying all that. I’m more nervous about being away from my son than the surgery. But this recovery journey is all for him. He is the reason I will get better and will keep working hard. Where are you having your surgery?
  12. wabley

    Bilateral THR Bilateral AVN but BMI “too high”

    I guess because I was supposed to have surgery at my local hospital originally and then they cancelled the week before telling me that actually they weren’t going to do it. But also, things already feel very different with the RNOH that I do feel more confident. I can’t wait to start my recovery...
  13. wabley

    Bilateral THR Bilateral AVN but BMI “too high”

    I did not find out that long ago, but as I have just mentioned above, my left hip replacement is happening on Tuesday. They are planning on keeping me in for a month and doing my right hip whilst I am there. I don't think I know how to feel. I say that I feel nervous but actually I'm not sure I...
  14. wabley

    Bilateral THR Bilateral AVN but BMI “too high”

    I have my first surgery on Tuesday 12th August! The plan is they will be keeping me in hospital for about a month and doing my second hip replacement whilst I am there. I am very nervous.
  15. wabley

    Bilateral THR Bilateral AVN but BMI “too high”

    Hi everyone, it's been a while. I still haven't had my surgery. Things are progressing, but slowly. I am in so much more pain than I was too. The same day that I met the surgeon, Professor Skinner, he had my pre-op done that day. Two weeks later, I met with the physiotherapists and consultant...
Back
Top Bottom