Recent content by Vida

  1. Vida

    TKR Has anyone had a nerve ablation post tkr?

    So I am still struggling with chronic pain at a 5/6 level, 3 years post tkr surgery. Am currently trying shock wave therapy. Think this will be a last ditch effort… have tried everything from acupuncture to cryoneurolysis. I did manage a two week trip to Spain with assistance at major airports...
  2. Vida

    TKR Stewart's Recovery Journey

    @Stewart Hi there. How did you find shock wave therapy? Am trying it gif chronic pain 3 years post tkr
  3. Vida

    TKR Has anyone had a nerve ablation post tkr?

    I think ablation might be a little different from cryoneurolysis, which involves injecting ice into nerves to freeze them, rather than using radio frequency. Killing the nerves is the goal in both cases but they usually grow back and cause the same problems. I am now starting to feel the creep...
  4. Vida

    TKR Has anyone had a nerve ablation post tkr?

    Hi. I would say it achieved a 75 percent improvement, which definitely made it worthwhile. It wasn’t a pleasant experience so, if you do it, don’t try and be brave, make sure they load you up with local anesthetic. It took a few weeks to fully kick in and some of the nerve pain is starting to...
  5. Vida

    TKR Has anyone had a nerve ablation post tkr?

    Thanks. I had blood tests to check for infection months back but not a nuclear bone scan. My OS says all is structurally fine: in November he spent 40 mins checking the joint while removing lots of scar tissue. I look great on paper and have almost perfect ROM. He can’t explain the warmth and...
  6. Vida

    TKR Has anyone had a nerve ablation post tkr?

    I am scheduled for April 10. I have to travel some distance as no one offers this nearby but that’s fine. I am told it will be freezing and will be done in 90 minutes, in hospital under guided ultrasound. Until now, cryoneurolysis has been used to help people pre tkr surgery, with a view to...
  7. Vida

    Percutaneous freezing of sensory nerves prior to TKR?

    I am awaiting cryoneurolysis to combat my severe long term post tkr pain. How long did it last for you?
  8. Vida

    TKR Robert Johnson's hybrid recovery'

    Hello. I am two years post tkr and living with permanent swelling and burning pain. There is nothing wrong with my prosthesis and I have had scar tissue removed, plus more cortisone shots, which didn’t help. I have full rom and can walk and gently exercise. I am waiting to see a physician for...
  9. Vida

    TKR Pre-op Cryoneurolysis

    I am awaiting this procedure to help me with nerve pain that is making me miserable two years plus after a tkr. How was it?
  10. Vida

    TKR Has anyone had a nerve ablation post tkr?

    So sorry to hear that. There really are more unhappy people than we read about.
  11. Vida

    TKR Has anyone had a nerve ablation post tkr?

    The scar tissue removal and two subsequent cortisone shots did not in any way resolve my pain. I am now awaiting a rather uncomfortable sounding procedure called cryoneurolyis that will hopefully freeze the damaged nerves that they now believe are to blame. Talk about a journey.
  12. Vida

    TKR Has anyone had a nerve ablation post tkr?

    Thanks. Me too. I have learned from reading studies that a much higher percentage of patients than we imagine are left with debilitating chronic pain post tkr. My surgeon has only had five such patients and has so far resolved things for three of them. I am beyond frustrated that one of them is...
  13. Vida

    TKR Has anyone had a nerve ablation post tkr?

    My tkr was November 2021. On paper it was a success: I have full rom and the prosthesis is stable. I can walk 4K, cycle on the stationary bike and do gentle Pilates. But my knee is permanently swollen and whatever activity I do, I am in constant pain… a 5-6 …. which has left me depressed and...
  14. Vida

    TKR Suggestions needed for “tight band” feeling

    Aw you are very kind. I stayed awake during arthroscopy because I wanted to see inside the knee for myself. Have had no CT imaging done. Now it’s how best to gently rehab the knee after the adhesions gummed up my soft tissue and to try and prevent any recurrence. My surgeon said he had done this...
Back
Top Bottom