Recent content by UHOHHO

  1. UHOHHO

    Revision THR Living with HO

    @Legin your words are kind, thank you. I am doing well too. Dont spend ant time being too serious : )
  2. UHOHHO

    Revision THR Living with HO

    @Legin I'm sorry you are dealing with this. If you are walking 3 miles it sounds like you are well on your way. I haven't reached that point yet, at least not pain free. I am stubborn and without considering the damage/consequences I did a few things i was told not to do ( lifting heavy objects...
  3. UHOHHO

    Revision THR Living with HO

    Thank you both for the kind words. What finally worked was I stopped trying to push past the pain and I listened to my own body for a change. I do very minimal exercise now. I am gradually rebuilding my core strength one small movement at a time. My hip is much happier now too : )
  4. UHOHHO

    Revision THR Living with HO

    I had a 6 wk follow up appointment today with a spine specialist after chronic pain issues I always believed were a consequence of my THR and Revision THR (to excise HO.) I have learned many things along the way I'd like to share. It now appears that I suffered spinal cord injuries (that I was...
  5. UHOHHO

    THR 9 months post op for hip replacement & still having problems

    @canadianlps ....gosh i feel like my experiences have been a breeze after reading through your thread. I am in Toronto and although I know TW is part of our UHN ( united health network) It means all the doctors are connected so you were getting collectively some great OS. I was lucky to be at...
  6. UHOHHO

    Revision THR Warm backside

    @elliemom...I hear you. It's been six months for me as well and the only thing that is just starting to be better is walking. It's been a very very long tiring process. I don't have pain from my hip anymore and the stabbing stopped but my nerves are slow to heal and my back prevents any real...
  7. UHOHHO

    THR I'm on the other side now!

    Awesome!!! You hit a milestone today. It is an early Christmas present to gain ROM and on the bike all in one day. Good for you!!! Is it your knee that keeps you from going around? I remember the knee people at PT...much slower rehab. But after 6 months they were running/playing soccer....that...
  8. UHOHHO

    THR I'm on the other side now!

    Im not sure. When I bought my Giant 7 yrs ago I bought a Giant brand spinner with it. Im certain they are universal. It wears out your rear tire super quickly so don't waste a good one on it. I came to work this morning all hyper...the crew isn't quite sure what to make of me...they've never...
  9. UHOHHO

    THR I'm on the other side now!

    Spinners are awesome…open a window…close your eyes and kinda like being on the road..lol
  10. UHOHHO

    Revision THR Worth waiting...excited to have another chance

    My visit at my OS went very well. One of the surgeons showed me how flexible i really am now…holy! Now i know i don't need to protect it anymore. He showed me on my X-ray before and after….and that i still have some bone but its attached to my hip. It hasn't changed in 4 weeks and no sign of new...
  11. UHOHHO

    Revision THR Worth waiting...excited to have another chance

    I'm about four hours from the border….and in that time of year its a nice drive. There is a smaller race in Niagara -granfondo 125km in Sept as well. It's our wine country and also very scenic...
  12. UHOHHO

    Revision THR Worth waiting...excited to have another chance

    Im so elated. So I'm 11 weeks tomorrow and just got kicked out of Physio therapy today. Turns out I'm too strong and my ROM is almost perfect…ok I'm 95 degrees now from 20 pre-surgery. I'm back to work and I can't begin to explain how wonderful it is to focus on the stone and doing what I...
  13. UHOHHO

    THR I'm on the other side now!

    Sweet news!! It is so liberating to have someone tell you that you CAN do something. Even if you can't right away…just knowing you CAN ride a bike. I'm so happy for you! Nice X-ray too!
  14. UHOHHO

    THR I'm on the other side now!

    I had a look at the site...6000 cyclists this past summer...wow thats an event. Good for you to set a goal!!! I had bought a cycling mag last wknd getting myself in that frame of mind...( i hate the recumbent ones) asked my PT if I could try mine on it's spinner...well I dusted off the cobwebs...
  15. UHOHHO

    THR I'm on the other side now!

    sunsetbiking @ calikat …. i read with a heavy heart of the challenges you have ahead. I do wish you both find a way to manage the pain.…i do believe there truly are people that care and want to help. I can relate to having a purpose by returning to work and having something other than my hip to...
Back
Top Bottom