Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR Worth waiting...excited to have another chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
sunsetbiking The knee roll is one of the strongest exercises for me, its the leg lift i struggle with outside the pool. Today was another reminder to slow it down! I went to visit work and I didn't use my cane. This was all after I was on the bike and in the pool…when i got home I had a long nap…lol I felt drained from the massage therapy too.

I'm glad you are in the pool, that alone exhausts me and i'm not doing much while I'm in there. Sounds like your knee is worth protecting, i wouldn't push it and just let your hip heal. You'll need it for when you have the right knee done. What is happening to us….i thought when i hit 40 it was over the hill and I should be coasting downhill….not so much ..lol
I try to keep good perspective, after all my best friend has recently been diagnosed with a brain tumour. Not good news today from his doctors, so I need to get strong for him.

I am looking forward to seeing my OS and X-rays on Wed…I'm convinced the HO is gone but time will tell. Its so nice to vent on here…with others that understand. Keep smiling.
 
Wow were you feeling like you were wonder woman??? Lol!!

What is happening to us….i thought when i hit 40 it was over the hill and I should be coasting downhill….not so much ..lol
When I hit 40, my mind still thought I was 25 and my body is like OH NO!! You're Old!!! lol!

Sorry about your best friend, I will send positive thoughts your way.

Good luck Wed and I look forward to hearing about your appointment.. You keep smiling as well!!!
 
Busy day! ok so I've been driving short distances and decided to drive to my appt with OS. I feel like I'm almost human again as it's all very liberating these last few weeks.
There were so many people waiting to see the OS's today. I feel extremely lucky as I'm barely 5 weeks and no cane, no limp..except after I wear out. Wheelchairs, walkers and canes spilled into the hallway all morning. Sad to see so many good people suffering.
My OS was in surgery but his entourage had me in to exam and x-ray. They wouldn't say much other than cut back the physio and no pool for 10 days...sigh :( incision had a stitch exposed which I knew but they insist I stay dry. The stitch is gone now ...but I'll behave.
They said I'll hear from someone in the next few days...I'm content. They are such amazing people.
 
UHOHHO, well I guess now I get to join the no pool club for a few days, Today PT pulled out a small piece of stitch and it started bleeding a tiny bit. I'm not even going to call my OS, I already know what he'll say! Lol! "No Pool!!"
 
:( So what happens? These stitches work themselves to the surface from the inside? Aren't they supposed to dissolve? I had a tiny stitch ending at about week 3, but it has now dissolved or something because it is no longer there...LOL!
 
I think so, it happen with my knee replacement also. The one I had today had been poking through for a little bit and today it was really sticking out. So we pulled it out.
 
That's what happened to me sunsetbiking.
I'm so afraid of infection I stayed out. Then got trouble for overdoing the bike and walking. I cooled off for a week and must admit it made a huge difference. I'm doing my physio exercises faithfully without pain or any medications. After taking daily doses of NSAIDs for so long, I'm finally free. Not easy but been 5 weeks now and I'm feeling better.
I went back to work today. my crew is amazing and I am very lucky. After my first RTHR I wasn't so lucky. The change was the best move I've made in a long while.
I just worked 5 hours today. Got home and still had energy for my physio and the bike. I'm a stone carver so I'm easing back slowly. Half days for at least a week. Im happy to have a purpose again.
 
After taking daily doses of NSAIDs for so long, I'm finally free. Not easy but been 5 weeks now and I'm feeling better.
For an over the counter pain med, it makes you wonder what is in the little pill to make so hard not to take anymore. I still take them at night for other arthritis pain I have. As for my hip I have no pain, I told my PT today that I am waiting for the ball to drop or something, I just can't believe how easy my hip is recovering and I'm just waiting for the pain to show up. :)

I'm glad to read you are doing so well. Wow a stone carver, that sounds like hard work. Your lucky your job is letting you ease back in slowly.

I purpose in life is great, I agree with you!!
 
Those non prescription drugs were so easy yet so harmful over time.
I desperately trying to tap into my own endorphins stay off them. Im watching comedy shows for breakfast!!
There have been moments this week that my muscle is responding and I feel it stretching. It's so awesome after feeling dead for a year.
I find sitting very hard so my work actually is my best medicine because I stand and can walk around freely.
 
UHOHHO i'm so pleased for you, your story is very encouraging for those of us still waiting for surgery.
 
Tibs. I remember that feeling of anticipation very well. You are going on Tues I see, go for as many walks if you can until then. It will be a while after. This forum has answered all my questions and put my fears to rest. Good Luck! Everyone is here for you.
 
Im so elated. So I'm 11 weeks tomorrow and just got kicked out of Physio therapy today. Turns out I'm too strong and my ROM is almost perfect…ok I'm 95 degrees now from 20 pre-surgery. I'm back to work and I can't begin to explain how wonderful it is to focus on the stone and doing what I really love to do. I have no pain….rather I have no stabbing crippling pain….aches and bruises sure…i can handle that.
I have not taken a single dose of any pain med in five weeks. I had no idea how harmful they could be on my system. I can't begin to explain how better I feel because I don't take the medications.
I have been on my road bike that is on a spinner….when I see my OS this week I'll be sure to see a happy hip in the X-ray :)
 
Great update for you today as well!!!
I'm sure your upcoming appointment with your surgeon will be great as well!! I can't wait to hear your update on Wednesday.

Soon I will be virtually joining you on the bike ride!!!

Are you close to the Detroit to the border?
 
I'm about four hours from the border….and in that time of year its a nice drive. There is a smaller race in Niagara -granfondo 125km in Sept as well. It's our wine country and also very scenic...
 
My visit at my OS went very well. One of the surgeons showed me how flexible i really am now…holy! Now i know i don't need to protect it anymore. He showed me on my X-ray before and after….and that i still have some bone but its attached to my hip. It hasn't changed in 4 weeks and no sign of new growth. My OS said I am cleared to do whatever I want now ( except the obvious) …gave me a script to continue physio for my back and core strength and i'm still a bit weak in the abductor so he discussed the work i need to do to help that and the nerve stuff……but overall I am very very happy.
 
Awesome Report!!!! So glad you are cleared to do everything, it's such a wonderful feeling isn't?
It's so wonderful that we both got good reports this week, it's all uphill from here on out!!!

:yay::happydance: :dancy: :egypdance: :spin: :cheers:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Worth waiting...excited to have another chance
What a great report! So happy for you. These man made hips are the bomb!!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom