Recent content by TxT365

  1. TxT365

    TKR hamstring tendon is so tight that I can't do all my exercises

    Josephine, you're absolutely right. I did not have the time to check the link which is on me because you obviously took the time to share that link with me and I should have read it before responding. The link brings up great questions and I will consider them greatly when I visit with my OS...
  2. TxT365

    TKR Surgery Went Well

    Robin, After today, you may right - I could use a break! Kate was doing homework all morning so it was just me and Alex. He really was good, but man, he did not nap nearly long enough!
  3. TxT365

    TKR hamstring tendon is so tight that I can't do all my exercises

    Josephine, I have a desk job. And I'm really just guessing. Doc may say no, but I'm doubtful. I'm free to get up and stretch as needed. Then again, she may say absolutely not, but I'm honestly doing everything I normally would outside of work, just in limited function right now.
  4. TxT365

    TKR hamstring tendon is so tight that I can't do all my exercises

    Susan, You're quite welcome! Glad it helped. If all goes right, I should be returning to work mid-October to the first of November. It will depend on what my OS says when I go to visit her again on the 14th. I would prefer the first of November, but we can't always get what we want...
  5. TxT365

    TKR Surgery Went Well

    Hey there, Robin! Nice to meet you! I may be returning to work sooner...mid October to the beginning of November. That's if my doc agrees and I can't imagine that she won't. My therapist has got me down to 1x a week on PT so that's a good thing. She says I'm doing well enough and I know...
  6. TxT365

    TKR Surgery Went Well

    Jane, How do you keep from doing too much?? LOL I feel guilty if I'm not doing something. I'll give him a hug! He's being all boy right. We're taking him to an indoor bounce house for his birthday next month. I hope he gets some of that out of his system. Thankfully I don't have to...
  7. TxT365

    TKR hamstring tendon is so tight that I can't do all my exercises

    Susan, I think I'm doing really well. I expect my OS to release me to return to work mid October or the first of November. Today I reached 101 for ROM. Let me know what you think of the hamstring stretch and if it works for you!
  8. TxT365

    TKR Worried About ROM

    Linnae, when you say you're having trouble sleeping, have you tried a couple of pillows offset so that your knee is still elevated? I do that at times. At other times, I just try to find the best position and end up tossing and turning. When you throw in a bi-pap machine, it gets frustrating...
  9. TxT365

    TKR hamstring tendon is so tight that I can't do all my exercises

    I saw your post and have been having the same issue. When I talked to my PT, they gave me a small stretch for it and you only go as far as you can and it has helped. If you've been given this before, please disregard the rest of this post. Sitting in a chair, extend your leg in front of you...
  10. TxT365

    TKR Surgery Went Well

    Wow...it's been awhile since I've been on here! Sorry about that. I'm doing much better. With the weather here, (Stacie, it has been just as beautiful!) I have had all the windows and curtains open. The light has certainly improved my disposition. It's been 4.5 weeks and I'm doing much...
  11. TxT365

    TKR Surgery Went Well

    The depression I recognize when it hits. It stinks, but I understand it much better. The thing I hate right now is the desire to get out and do things and the realization that I can't quite just yet...at least not to the extent I want. Patience is not one of my successful virtues. I hadn't...
  12. TxT365

    Right TKR at 50 on September 17th

    Hey Donna! Glad to hear that you're less anxious now after talking to your OS! If you can still get it, I would highly recommend the cooling cuff. I have a devil of a time keeping cold packs on and generally wrap them up with an ace bandage to keep them in place. When it comes time for the...
  13. TxT365

    TKR Surgery Went Well

    Man, life gets busy when you have nothing to do all day. How in the world does that happen?!?! Kelly, I have a wedge pillow that I use. Occasionally, I will use 3 pillows staggered if I'm in bed. Typically though I use the wedge on the couch with my head down. The swelling is getting...
  14. TxT365

    TKR Surgery Went Well

    I get my staples out tomorrow! Yay!!! However, I am a little nervous about removing those staples. How painful is it?? Some of the swelling has gone down finally. There is a place on my knee where I can depress about a 3/4 inch. It's interesting to be sure. I keep icing and massaging and...
  15. TxT365

    Right TKR at 50 on September 17th

    When your knees hurt, it impacts every aspect of your life. Movement is difficult and painful. There is no need to go through it. I'm sorry the anxiety is sneaking up on you. However, you recognize it and that's good. If you know what's going on, you can address it head on. We're all here...
Back
Top Bottom