Recent content by Twinmama

  1. Twinmama

    TKR TKR on right knee at 41

    Feeling really well these days. I'm walking a mile around the neighborhood daily. My knee handles that like a champ. If I try to push much more beyond that it let's me know that a mile is the limit.
  2. Twinmama

    TKR TKR on right knee at 41

    I've not had a nice long walk in years. I was very active as a child and teenager. Played a lot of sports. When I got pregnant with my twins at age 28 my knees really started declining. But he time I was 35 I was getting regular cortisone shots in them and then right at 40 had the first lateral...
  3. Twinmama

    TKR TKR on right knee at 41

    So today's 8 weeks for my baby knee. I walked a mile today and the knee felt fine through it all. I made sure to keep my pace slow and walk with long heel to toe strides. The new knee and I are getting along just fine.
  4. Twinmama

    TKR Say something to make me feel better???

    Her back pain could also be muscle spasms. My knee pain went away pretty quickly but the muscle spasms hurt worse than the knee pain and were not phased by pain meds. I took a muscle relaxer for about a month or so.
  5. Twinmama

    TKR TKR on right knee at 41

    Thanks! I'm very grateful that it was without any issues out of the ordinary.
  6. Twinmama

    TKR TKR on right knee at 41

    Will be 8 weeks Thursday. Had p.t. today. I'm at 135 for flexion and 0 for extension. Yaaay!. Pain is minimal now and easily managed with tylenol.
  7. Twinmama

    Revision TKR Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery

    I did some embroidery on my machine around week 3 or 4. It was easy to stop and go and made my heart happy to create a little. My machine is 15 years old and I know what you mean about sticker shock. I'm looking at the new Epic and the only thing holding me back is the price. I've had my...
  8. Twinmama

    Revision TKR Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery

    ****whoops I meant for this to be on my recovery thread.
  9. Twinmama

    Revision TKR Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery

    7 week follow up went well with OS. I'm 135 for flexion and 1 for extension. Still doing P.T for 6 more weeks because I want to. He said I didn't have too but my insurance would pay for 6 more weeks if I wanted it. I figured I might as well use it. I enjoy p.t.
  10. Twinmama

    Revision TKR Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery

    My machine does all that too. I have a husqvarna Designer SE. I love hand sewing too though. I enjoy most creative things.
  11. Twinmama

    Revision TKR Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery

    I got a small simple cross stitch to do. I just now got a much larger one to work on. It's relaxing and not much to drag out and put away.
  12. Twinmama

    TKR TKR on right knee at 41

    I walked my neighborhood trails for the first time. We moved here last summer and my knees were so painful from the move then I had my right TKR May 24th this year. So I finally got a chance to stroll them and had no pain in my baby knee. Felt wonderful to stroll through and not feel pain in righty.
  13. Twinmama

    TKR TKR on right knee at 41

    Today is my 42nd birthday and I got two new pairs of comfy shoes. My knee likes them
  14. Twinmama

    TKR TKR on right knee at 41

    It's dry, smooth and not sore. It seems to have resolved over night so I'm guessing it was from being up and about more yesterday.
  15. Twinmama

    TKR TKR on right knee at 41

    Why is this part of my scar so dark? Just happened today.
Back
Top Bottom