Recent content by tryingtosmile

  1. tryingtosmile

    Class of 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 Hippies

    Hello All! Poppet, thanks for setting up this thread. I am slightly over 6 months post op, and have been doing very well. I walk and ride a stationary bike easily. About six weeks ago I could finally easily put socks on and touch my toes. I still have slight aches along the glute area...
  2. tryingtosmile

    THR Healthy hip 12 returns

    Hi Catherine! It was nice to hear from you. I, too, gained about 10 lbs. However, I am not walking the distances that you are, and am still not being consistent in my eating. I start the day well, but rarely finish well! Congrats on doing so well with being proactive and disciplined...
  3. tryingtosmile

    THR Gail's smiling ok!

    I wound up buying Palmers Cocoa Butter with vitamin E. It is extremely thick, and sure makes the scar look happier! It's so thick that it won't come out of the pump - I have to dig it out! My sister has already gotten someone to take down the tree, and the insurance adjustor has been there -...
  4. tryingtosmile

    THR Gail's smiling ok!

    Hi Catherine! I still need the oxy too. I think I might do ok with ibuprophen, but I'm on Coumadin for six weeks. I get more sore with more PT exercises. I'm down to one steri-strip and starting to massage. What is ultimate healing cream? Is it a brand? Right now I'm just using something...
  5. tryingtosmile

    THR Gail's smiling ok!

    Dobeck, this will be a memorable night for you, for sure! I'll hope along with you that you keep your power. How close to shore are you? I've been to downtown Baltimore. I think it would be awful to be without electricity for any amount of time. My sister is assuming that she won't be...
  6. tryingtosmile

    THR Gail's smiling ok!

    I didn't roll on my operated side at all. I probably had that same sensation, although in the hospital I was on several pain meds! I'm still not too comfortable lying on my side.
  7. tryingtosmile

    THR Gail's smiling ok!

    I was allowed to take a shower as soon as I returned home, with the staples still in. If I had had your bandage, maybe I wouldn't have gotten that infection along the incision.
  8. tryingtosmile

    THR Gail's smiling ok!

    Thanks, Billy! Josephine, Yes, they applied the strips like that, although the strips are about twice as wide, and there is just a little space between them.
  9. tryingtosmile

    THR Gail's smiling ok!

    I saw the surgeon on Monday. The staples were removed. Now I have steristrips. I had developed a little redness, heat, itchiness, and swelling there, which had been followed by the visiting nurses. He decided that I might have a little cellulitis, and prescribed Keflex for a week. It's...
  10. tryingtosmile

    THR Gail's smiling ok!

    I expect my surgeon to discontinue the oxycontin when I see him this week. I'm on 5mg of the oxycodone. I'm not very good at suffering, so I'm glad I have a surgeon who is a little more liberal! Going to start exending the time between pills this week, and see how it goes.
  11. tryingtosmile

    THR Gail's smiling ok!

    DoBeck, After rereading your post I figured out that you were talking about a live show. I still haven't seen Wicked! Sorry you are paying the price. I do think that if you really rest and ice tomorrow, your body will eventually forgive you! I had a spinal, also, which I really wanted. I'd...
  12. tryingtosmile

    THR Gail's smiling ok!

    Poppet, thanks for the reassurance. I'm sure I'm taking enough pain pills, and took and additional oxycodone[I take only one usually] after the shower. I do think that putting the same amount of weight on both legs while showering is probably why the nerves/muscles got a little testy...
  13. tryingtosmile

    THR Gail's smiling ok!

    I am nine days post op. Took a short shower and ended up with a new sharp pain in my butt. I don't think I did any twisting, but I was standing mostly unsupported during the shower. Are new sharper pains something fairly common? It's causing a bit of a limp that I didn't have before. Each...
  14. tryingtosmile

    THR Crickey I made it,

    Hi Dilbhadev! Welcome to the other side! I would agree - make sure you're taking enough medication so that the pain isn't keeping you awake. And if you wait til you have pain, the meds don't work as well. I wake up three times a night,needing to go to the bathroom, but usually go back to...
  15. tryingtosmile

    Bilateral THR Weezy is woozy and back home

    Welcome, Weezy! Keep taking those meds on time. I had the same problem with finger coordination- still do! Wishing you an excellent recovery.
Back
Top Bottom