Recent content by TrueNorth

  1. T

    TKR TrueNorth’s new knee!

    Haven't posted in a couple of weeks as I had a couple of setbacks that left me in a funk. Knee was oddly sore for a week or so and I was back to using a cane and a week ago, I hurt something in my foot on the same leg that left me as mobile as week 1 after surgery for a few days! Not fun! I was...
  2. T

    TKR TrueNorth’s new knee!

    @KarriB , thanks yes I obviously need to do something different so will see what I can get set up. @Denny39 , the right one is pretty solid. The left one has suffered several serious injuries over the years starting with a torn ACL from downhill skiing, meniscus damage and a couple of...
  3. T

    TKR TrueNorth’s new knee!

    @KarriB , thanks for the tips on distance consistency, will give that a try. @Denny39 , thanks for sharing your update. It’s interesting how the cornucopia of pain and side effects like sleep disruption varies so much from person to person. My sleep is great, maybe even better than before with...
  4. T

    TKR TrueNorth’s new knee!

    Eight week check in time. These weeks sure fly past. I wish I had new things to share but I really feel I'm still about where I was last week. I have been pretty much going without the cane except for going out. Was able to do a 1.5 mile walk non-stop but ended up a bit sore for a couple days so...
  5. T

    TKR TrueNorth’s new knee!

    I can't believe it's been seven weeks this past Monday since my surgery! I eagerly read @Denny39 's seven week update as it's fun to compare how we are each doing, given that we had identical surgery dates. The past week has seen some progress... flexion is up to 85/-5--still lagging, but I can...
  6. T

    TKR FitGal’s Recovery

    Ow! Ow! Ow! at those pics! Glad you are getting back in to see your OS quickly. This is still very, very early in a long recovery journey that will have its ups and downs. Hang in there!
  7. T

    TKR TrueNorth’s new knee!

    June 17 seems to have been a popular day! Right foot is a bit better today but still taking it super easy as I am anxious to get up and busy! Still off work for a few more weeks so I want to actually enjoy some summer vacation time as opposed to summer recuperation time!
  8. T

    TKR TrueNorth’s new knee!

    Six week check in today... I can't believe that six weeks have gone by so quickly! The pain and fog of the first two weeks has receded into the mists of time (thankfully!). My ROM is up to around 80/-5 so improving very slowly and I'm only taking pain meds as needed. Some days that's only a...
  9. T

    TKR FitGal’s Recovery

    Sounds like a Cold Steel tactical cane might be just the ticket for you. Or if you’re bold, they do make sword canes as well!
  10. T

    TKR TrueNorth’s new knee!

    Just back from PT. I enjoyed the session and she has given me a few different and modified exercises for homework, including rocking on an exercise bike which I do happen to have in the basement. Left leg measured as being swollen by 2.5 inches more than the non-operated one so def still some...
  11. T

    TKR Conscious sedation memories?<

    I recall drifting into wakefulness at least twice during my procedure, once when there was a lot of heavy hammering happening... I assume when the implant was being seated. I wasn’t overly concerned and treat it as a curiosity. I pan on asking the surgeon about it at my 8 week follow up.
  12. T

    TKR TrueNorth’s new knee!

    5 week thread check in. Entered week 5 feeling pretty good! Had a couple of days where it was really starting to feel like MY knee, not just a surgical site. Am able to lay on either side in bed for short periods which is great as I am a side sleeper. As I hit the start of week 5 though, I tried...
  13. T

    TKR suejan's recovery thread

    You’re just a couple weeks ahead of me. I’m still quite concerned about my low ROM but trying to be patient. This is week 5 and I’ve noticed an increase in strength as I’ve been able to walk further with the cane and have started walking around the house without any aids at times. Have been...
  14. T

    TKR luvcats recovery box

    Man, your sleeping woes sound a lot like my own! I feel that the day to day recovery stuff would be easy peasy if I could just get more rest. I have found that getting the timing of the right pain meds helps a lot. One trick I have for falling asleep is starting to listen to an old time radio...
  15. T

    TKR TrueNorth’s new knee!

    Checking in on my 4 week-a-versary today. Following @Denny39 ’s recovery description, I’m leaving the really rotten weeks behind and heading for merely miserable. :heehee: I only use the walker at night and first thing in the morning as the knee is stiff for the first few steps and use a cane...
Back
Top Bottom