Recent content by Trotter

  1. Trotter

    THR Cannot sleep in bed

    Due to the heterotopic ossification I cannot lift my leg very far off the ground. I forgot about this and tried to step over an item in the garden. This resulted in a heavy fall, landing on my new hip. I don't think I have damaged my hip, but when lying down if I try to move my leg sidewards...
  2. Trotter

    THR Cannot sleep in bed

    @Deni444 I forgot to add that sleeping at night is a problem. I can usually manage about 4 to 5 hours in bed at night before hip tells me it's time to get up. We have just bought a new bed to try and improve this. Also a big positive, I am in the process of decorating. It is taking an absolute...
  3. Trotter

    THR Cannot sleep in bed

    Hi @Deni444 lovely to hear from you. I hope you enjoyed your well deserved holiday. I'm sure it gave you a timely boost. I'm OK, moving forward and learning to cope with my limitations. I can walk into the village to visit the shops. It sounds rather grand but they are quite nearby, however it...
  4. Trotter

    THR Cannot sleep in bed

    Well I saw my consultant just before Christmas. We both agreed not to remove the heterotopic ossification. No guarantee of success, other concern was what would fill the hole made by removal. If it gets to the point were the pain and my mobility are severely affecting my quality of life, it will...
  5. Trotter

    THR Cannot sleep in bed

    We do have to try, pain killers can soon give a false perspective on our pain levels. I will try again, snd like you hope to be free of meds.
  6. Trotter

    THR Cannot sleep in bed

    Thank you for the reply. With regards to the pain meds I lasted 5 days, before I started again. I did not realise how much pain I was in, so probably will not try that again.
  7. Trotter

    THR Cannot sleep in bed

    Well, Oncology have decided that Radiotherapy as a stand alone treatment would not be effective in treating my Heterotopic ossification. They have suggested it would be better used as either a pre-op or post-op treatment. So it is back with the surgeons.
  8. Trotter

    THR Cannot sleep in bed

    I am still waiting to see if Radiotherapy is the next step. However I have decided to stop taking all of my painkillers. I need to feel how bad it is, whether I can cope, as I am fed up taking tablets. I do hope that having some discomfort will help me push on rather than the more sedate...
  9. Trotter

    THR A Matching Pair of Hips! RTHR

    @Deni444 After the appt fiasco and now allergic reaction i hope you have a quiet few days to concentrate on your recovery. Keep up the diary.
  10. Trotter

    THR A Matching Pair of Hips! RTHR

    @Deni444 I am so pleased your recovery is going well. Please remember not to get carried away over exert yourself. How is the medication regime? Have you managed to find the right balance yet? Keep going as you are and remember to keep everyone updated with your progress
  11. Trotter

    THR Cannot sleep in bed

    I managed to walk around the village without my stick. A small win, I was not particularly speedy. Having to top up on painkillers but hey I did it.
  12. Trotter

    THR A Matching Pair of Hips! RTHR

    @Deni444 Glad everything went well
  13. Trotter

    THR left it TOO long: Left THR Posterior

    Thinking of you. You know what to expect and you know what you can and cannot do. Yes, recovery is slow , but think how you will be. Looking forward to reading the next chapter of you hip journry
  14. Trotter

    THR Cannot sleep in bed

    @Deni444 Pain has eased, due i think, to the painkillers issued by my doctor. My mobility is about the same. To be honest I have been scared to walk far in case I cannot get back. So places we would have normally walked to I either drive or do not go. How are you? Your operation must be near.
  15. Trotter

    THR Cannot sleep in bed

    @Deni444 Around the house mobility is good. I can get around to do odd jobs. If I need to walk into the village I need my walking pole. Even then I cannot walk to far without pain in my hip. It looks like the walking we used to do in the Lake District will be a thing of the past. I can...
Back
Top Bottom