Recent content by tpsteele33

  1. tpsteele33

    THR Tsteele has made it home

    Here I sit roughly one week post op. I have to say, things seem to be going as expected. I take my 3 doses of Tylenol a day, but otherwise I don't need any pain meds until night. There seems to be a switch that flips about 8:00pm when my leg hurts something fierce. At the point between 8 and...
  2. tpsteele33

    THR Tsteele has made it home

    48 hours post op and I can't complain really. The first night was pretty bad, but last night was better. Already seem to be over the constipation issues, and using narcotics sparingly. The game ready ice machine is a God send. I know that there will be plenty of ups and downs, but the early...
  3. tpsteele33

    THR gardengal made to recovery

    Recoveries like this are what give me hope. Great to hear
  4. tpsteele33

    THR The Borg Assimilation!

    Great to hear about your recovery. Sounds like they gave you the game ready ice machine that I linked in a different thread. Took mine home with me for 2 weeks. It's a life saver. I'm 48 hours post op and feel pretty good.
  5. tpsteele33

    THR Tsteele has made it home

    I did not heed the advice of the good folks here and started a recovery thread in advance. But I went in at 9:00am yesterday for the anterior approach. If any of you read my pre op thread, you know this has been quite the journey. But as a result of all of those issues, there was an excess of...
  6. tpsteele33

    THR Equipped with my new hip!

    Glad everything went well. See you on the other side in about 24 hours. Also, if the worst picture of you post surgery is with a cracker in your mouth, then you're doing pretty good.
  7. tpsteele33

    Homemade Ice Packs 101

    Has anyone ever used the game ready machine? https://www.gameready.com/ After my last procedure I used it after PT and it was wonderful. But that was just 15 minutes twice a week. I can rent it for the first two weeks post-op, and was wondering if anyone had done this. My surgeon...
  8. tpsteele33

    THR Sherrymorss recovery thread

    About three years ago I started getting gout flare ups in my right knee. It was the worst knee pain I've ever experienced, and I tore my ACL twice. It was as debilitating as can be. I can't imagine having to deal with that on top of your THR recovery.
  9. tpsteele33

    My Dr's way of doing things.

    My surgeon told me that they only use a catheter during the procedure, but it is removed before you wake up. i guess to totally drain you, that way the spinal will be worn off by the time you have to go again.
  10. tpsteele33

    Washing with special soap the night before

    I was told yesterday to shower the night before and the morning of with the soap. Shampoo first, then use soap from the neck down, but careful scrubbing near the man parts. but, they want that particular sensitive area clean because they put in a catheter when you're knocked out.
  11. tpsteele33

    TSteele's 27 year journey

    And, because I didn't want my previous post to get too long, I completed all my pre-surgery testing yesterday. And I confirmed with the surgeon that it is outpatient, provided I have the procedure early. It will really depend on how long it takes for the spinal block to wear off. The head of...
  12. tpsteele33

    TSteele's 27 year journey

    Thanks for the reply. The halo apparatus picture you posted is the newer version of what I had done. They now do the halo at the tibia, as you really can't put one around the femur. Here's the closest representation that I see on the net as to what I had. In this device you can rotate the...
  13. tpsteele33

    TSteele's 27 year journey

    So, as I am less than 2 weeks from my LTHR, and I just stumbled across this forum, I figured I'd give my story, which is rare to say the least. Hopefully, this can be used to maybe answer some questions or assuage some concerns. I was born with a birth defect in which my left leg was malformed...
  14. tpsteele33

    Froggymoms good sleep/ injection not working

    I've had a series of injections in my hip over the last 5 years before having resurfacing surgery. They offered relief. That surgery was 2 years ago. My last injection was a month ago and offered absolutely zero relief. So, they are doing replacement ASAP. They said the joint gets to the...
  15. tpsteele33

    2016 August Hot Shots - Are you having hip surgery in August?

    New to the forum. Hip replacement scheduled for August 2nd. Anterior approach. I was told this would be outpatient. Is that typical?
Back
Top Bottom