Guest viewing is limited

Homemade Ice Packs 101

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corn starch method:
4 Cups water ~ 1 cup salt ~ 1 cup cornstarch ~ food coloring

Bring water to a boil then add salt. While salt is dissolving...
add about 1 cup water to cornstarch (make a paste..add a bit of water to starch, whisk, add more water, etc. and whisk until fluid) ~ add food coloring of your choice to this liquid.
When salt has dissolved, pour in the colored cornstarch and whisk - it will quickly become like pudding. Incorporate it all - it will be very glossy. If it's too thick, add a bit of water; if not thick enough, add a bit more starch/water fluid. Set aside to cool - at the very least for 45 minutes.
Once it's cooled, secure a zip lock bag over a bowl or container (this made enough for a gallon bag or 2 quart size bags). Eliminate as much air as possible when closing. (I laid it almost flat on the counter to do this) Freeze!
Either double zip lock bags or use a foodsaver for the outside bag. In double zip lock bagging, put the first bag into the second (outer bag) with zip-lock at the bottom (just in case of leaks)
 
Not long for you now @Nana2-8! You're on my heart girlfriend! This week has many emotions that come along with it. It's a very surreal experience to say the least! The night before surgery I only slept three hours, but I didn't really feel anxious, more numb than anything else. I think we hit a point of true acceptance of the reality that it's really going to happen. I'm lifting you up in prayer this week for a successful surgery and an easy recovery. You've got this! :friends:
 
Thanks so much, @Cynthia777 ! As long as you've got my hand thru the first few days, I'll do alright. The prayers are so appreciated. ~ I've got the fun wedding behind us (yesterday) and now it's all about setting my "lounge" without it looking "too much about me". There's good news/bad news as far as that goes. DH will be in D.C. Tuesday and returning Wednesday night....so, good news is I can get about doing things freely (pick up throw rugs, do any last laundry, set up the sofa, clean the bathrooms, do my "salon wash", etc. ......and the bad news....our weather has been disruptive of late.....what if his late evening flight back doesn't make it? In which case, I would be driving to the early hospital arrival by myself. (He'd have to figure something out about the car) Plus, the car which would be easiest to get in and out of afterwards, has a nail in one tire, and needs to go in for service while he's gone....and I hope I can get it picked up before hand. I'll look at this as 'distractions'....it'll make this week fly by! xxoo
 
I've got mine in the freezer. After reading this, I hope it doesn't leak. I figured it was time to make sure I have the procedure correct.
 
Has anyone ever used the game ready machine?

https://www.gameready.com/
https://www.gameready.com/
After my last procedure I used it after PT and it was wonderful. But that was just 15 minutes twice a week. I can rent it for the first two weeks post-op, and was wondering if anyone had done this.

My surgeon specializes in hip procedures on athletes and swears by it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom