Recent content by torment

  1. torment

    THR torment's recovery

    Just an update. 1 year anniversary for my RTHR was 3 days ago. All is well and I'm thrilled with the results.
  2. torment

    THR torment's recovery

    @CatLady1 -- You chose well. I can't imagine my surgery and recovery going much more smoothly and Dr. Kim and his staff have been great. Congrats on your new hip! I had a few bumps in the road but it was a trip well worth taking. It's so nice being able to just up and go do whatever without...
  3. torment

    THR torment's recovery

    Results came back negative!
  4. torment

    THR torment's recovery

    Still haven't heard any results back on the test. BTW, that wasn't a fun test. It could have been worse, but I hope I never have to have that done again.
  5. torment

    THR torment's recovery

    The blood tests showed markers which may indicate an infection so they are making me an appointment to have my hip aspirated to check. :scaredycat:
  6. torment

    THR torment's recovery

    The OS said he thinks it's just a muscle pull or some soft tissue got pinched. The x-rays looked fine to him. He sent me to get blood drawn so they can make sure there isn't any indication of infection. My hip has been much better the last few days so I'm chalking it up to the roller coaster...
  7. torment

    THR torment's recovery

    It's a fretless bass. I used to play in a metal band up until 2009. Anyway, there wasn't really much warning. It was mildly bugging me late last week but nothing out of the ordinary. It really flared up after going down the basement stairs and getting in my wife's car. I didn't feel anything...
  8. torment

    THR torment's recovery

    Well here I am at 4 months post-op. Everything was going great until about a week ago. My right (operated) groin began annoying me late last week and has progressively gotten worse. I don't know why. I haven't done anything out of the ordinary which would have aggravated it but over the course...
  9. torment

    Here we go!!

    Good luck and look forward to your new hip!
  10. torment

    Pain and more pain....help

    Dude, I'm 6'2" and 290 pounds. My OS said losing weight would be nice but it really wouldn't matter much. I'm 3 months post op now and my recovery has been fine. I would even venture to say better than average. Your PA is just barking. Losing weight before surgery just wasn't an option...
  11. torment

    Waking in recovery

    I woke up completly lucid and with virtually no issues. I was still numb from the waist down so there was no pain at all. I was awake maybe 15 minutes when they moved me to my room. I honestly couldn't have had a better recovery experience.
  12. torment

    THR torment's recovery

    Saw the OS yesterday. He released me from all restrictions and cleared me to start driving again. All is going well with the recovery. I'm able to walk as much as I desire though I still pay for it with some aches and pains. They go away pretty fast once I get to chill for a bit. The OS endorsed...
  13. torment

    THR Rainbow Recovery for Great Aunt Janet

    With the aftermath of my kids I think fire is the only final solution for my house :scaredycat: Our next big project will be rip out every inch of carpet and replace it all with hardwood. I don't think paint will save the walls so they will probably have to be replaced after that.
  14. torment

    THR Rainbow Recovery for Great Aunt Janet

    Nice to hear you're doing so well! Our recoveries both seem to be reasonably smooth with only minor annoyances here and there. I'm waiting for Dr clearance before I start doing stairs normally. I'm sure I could do them without issue, but better safe than sorry so it's baby stepping till then...
  15. torment

    THR torment's recovery

    I stopped taking any pain meds last Saturday and just dealt with the body aches from the walking. I made the rounds to my In-laws and my parent's house on Sunday without major issues. I'm still really sore and stiff all over and the muscles in the thigh of my operated leg really seem to be...
Back
Top Bottom