Recent content by tmwillia

  1. tmwillia

    TKR 1 day post-replacement.

    @Motowngirl, I'm sorry to hear you are having so much pain. I felt exactly like that last year. All my friends and family were astonished that I had my 2nd knee done because I SWORE it was never going to happen. I was still asking (begging) for pain meds at 12 weeks post op last year. And I was...
  2. tmwillia

    TKR 1 day post-replacement.

    Hi @Motown girl, I've been pretty darn lucky this time around, as far as pain. I haven't had as much or as intense as with my first knee replacement. So I should quit complaining and be grateful.☺️ TerriM 10/28/13( RTKR) 10/14/14 (LTKR)
  3. tmwillia

    TKR 1 day post-replacement.

    Hi @Clipless, I'm pretty certain you're right. I'm a side sleeper and I wake up frequently changing rides. Whatever muscle group is responsible for holding that leg in position isn't doing its job. So I need to figure out how to work the muscles that control side to side movement. TerriM...
  4. tmwillia

    TKR 1 day post-replacement.

    Just wanted to check in. In general this has been a smooth road for me. It's been quite a different experience from my first tkr last year. One new unpleasant thing started just last night. While sleeping I was woken by a sudden sharp pain in my knee. I absolutely know I can't have damaged my...
  5. tmwillia

    TKR 1 day post-replacement.

    Thank you @referee54. I ironed my holiday linens today while sitting down. I didn't think it would work, but it did and that was a couple hours of standing saved. I'm icing my knee now. I'm not very patient but I'm going to try to rest it more. TerriM 10/28/13( RTKR) 10/14/14 (LTKR)
  6. tmwillia

    TKR 1 day post-replacement.

    Yikes! Ok, I get it. Although it seems self indulgent to sit around with my leg up, when it isn't hurting much. I'm a little worried that I will lose conditioning and strength by not pushing myself and end up an old frail lady who has to 'take care'. TerriM 10/28/13( RTKR) 10/14/14 (LTKR)
  7. tmwillia

    5 month birthday of my new right knee!

    Hi MathSciforme, I'm recovering from a LTKR 6 weeks ago. But Oct 2013 I had my tight knee replaced. I had 12 weeks of PT after that knee, mainly because I was not making much progress flexing that knee. The good news is that by this year, a year later, I made a lot of progress and got about...
  8. tmwillia

    TKR 1 day post-replacement.

    Hello Bonesmart friends. I am at 6 weeks post- op now. In general I guess I'm doing pretty well. I am at the stage where my OS is ordering lighter pain meds (5 mg. Norco down from 7.5 mg) and instead of every 4 hours they are to be taken every 8-12 hours. I understand it is to prevent me...
  9. tmwillia

    TKR knee's recovery thread

    Knees, I'm with you. Last year I had my right knee replaced and didn't make fast progress. It was very stiff and swollen and since I hadn't bent that knee in years the structures involved in bending it were not used to working. After 4 months of therapy I was at 90 degrees of flex and all the...
  10. tmwillia

    TKR Jane B.'s New Knee

    ☺️ I did all my gardening before surgery sitting on the ground and reaching. Sort of combines gardening and yoga. The biggest problem is getting off the ground without going on my knees. I've tried doing some of my exercises on the floor since surgery and can't recommend it. TerriM 10/28/13(...
  11. tmwillia

    Bilateral TKR weak muscles<

    It varies from knee to knee. After my RTKR I didn't walk well until 10-12 weeks post surgery. This time , I'm 4 weeks post surgery and walk without a cane, but it's not quite perfect. Also, I can't walk very far without my leg swelling. I don't think you can hurry healing. TerriM 10/28/13(...
  12. tmwillia

    TKR New Pain

    I've had that pain too. With both my knee replacements. I'm pretty sure it's from using muscles that were injured or cut during the surgery. It seems to diminish with time. TerriM 10/28/13( RTKR) 10/14/14 (LTKR)
  13. tmwillia

    TKR Nights are the worst!

    I'm right there with you, Miakia. Nighttime seems to be when every discomfort is magnified. If it's been 4 hours take your pain meds!! I find that it helps if I set things up for bed early in the evening. I put a bottle of water, my pain medication and a notepad and pen on my bedside table. The...
  14. tmwillia

    Bilateral TKR weak muscles<

    Hello Pain free, First let me offer you my sympathy for the loss of your husband. I'm certain that grief and sorrow weighs on you and is a huge impediment to your recovery. I hope you have family and friends near you to support you through this awful time. I believe that recovery from your loss...
  15. tmwillia

    partial knee replacement Scars

    Hi Classicone, I was also told to gently push my knee cap from side to side and up and down last year (RTKR ) and they moved my knee cap during my pt. This time (LTKR) it was the home health pt that moved my knee cap around. I didn't hurt either time and I've been told it's to prevent adhesions...
Back
Top Bottom