Recent content by Tmgrl3

  1. Tmgrl3

    Bilateral TKR Where to begin, did too much?

    March , 2019, double knee replacement. So 17 months out from surgery. Been doing really well. all normal activities for my 77 year old body. My exercise is basically the eliptical since I have a professional one at home. However, a day ago, I started with pain under right kneecap. I looked...
  2. Tmgrl3

    Bilateral TKR Where to begin, did too much?

    So nine months out and doing really well. Still no consensus from doctors on whether I should restart Fosamax. I am seeing another specialist/endocrinologist who deals with people that have spinal scoliosis issues like mine. They can’t use the DEXA bone density read on my spine as one of the...
  3. Tmgrl3

    Bilateral TKR My Countdown - Again!

    Great positive post, DEL! My hip went swimmingly well in 2009, but the bilateral knee was a big deal. Still, I think it was so good that I dove right in and did both of them. I am 77 years old and over the years have had to stop playing my tennis , riding my real bike, all kinds of sports...
  4. Tmgrl3

    TKR Surgery prep recommendations???

    Good suggestions so far. I couldn’t use my recliner almost at all for first few months because by evening I had such bad radiculopathy in legs and feet from nerve bundles that run from spine down through legs. No special pillows to elevate either, and slept with soft thin pillow between my legs...
  5. Tmgrl3

    TKR Sudden deterioration in ok knee

    So sorry to hear this. It is so hard to make plans as we age and are facing joint replacements somewhere along the way. We had a trip to Denver in November 2018 that we had to cancel because hubby had to have triple lumbar fusion, pushing off my bilateral knee replacement till following March...
  6. Tmgrl3

    Bilateral TKR Got my date for BTKR

    You will be so happy as each month passes!! We are trying to remember to get to the mall for some nice walks since walking outdoors here in winter or heat of summer isn’t good. I thought my long legs (almost ft tall) would give my knees some trouble when I started driving but it was so easy...
  7. Tmgrl3

    Bilateral TKR Where to begin, did too much?

    Thanks! There is so much controversy about these drugs. Some studies show they help remodeling of bone after joint replacement but with three artificial joints in my body I want to be sure before I go back on those drugs. Different brands have same side effects and different kinds of drugs...
  8. Tmgrl3

    Bilateral TKR Got my date for BTKR

    I dreaded a whole lot of things and always what actually happens isn’t what I dreaded! The best thing was that I new what I had was healing, would get better and that I would walk again. Yesterday we went to Carnegie Hall in the City after a lovely dinner and a Long drive in, of course. I...
  9. Tmgrl3

    Bilateral TKR Adjustable bed?

    I just used my regular beg. Sit and swing legs over. I had the bilateral knee done 3/21/19. I was led to believe I could sleep without a pillow between my legs by week 4 or so but it took me months to get rid of doggone pillow. I can’t sleep on my left side, because of vertigo and back, more...
  10. Tmgrl3

    Bilateral TKR Got my date for BTKR

    Best to you @pamsknees!! I am so so glad I did both at once last March (3/21/19) I would say one thing is, build or keep your upper body/arm strength strong. At 77 I have strong leg and arm muscles. You will need both arms to lift yourself up for all transfers and moves until you can use those...
  11. Tmgrl3

    Bilateral TKR Where to begin, did too much?

    So we got same advice About the eliptical! I haven’t restarted Fosamax but my regular ortho ordered two MRIs, one of my 10 year old hip replacement and one of femur to make sure we got whole hip replacement. All came out great. No loosening at all, but then he said I shouldn’t start back on...
  12. Tmgrl3

    Bilateral TKR Where to begin, did too much?

    Hi Marieltha I have a standing Octane. I found out recently I am supposed to have my knees slightly bent when I use it. I do that now. Last time I did 25 minutes. Maybe too much. 29 RPM. But also, I started Fosamax a week ago today and those side effects that are prominent can be joint...
  13. Tmgrl3

    Bilateral TKR Where to begin, did too much?

    Thanks, Roy. No...not going to reconsider. Got rid of my huge pro bike and have an Octane eliptical. Seeing my orthopedic doctor this week. Just hope I don’t have an infection brewing.
  14. Tmgrl3

    Bilateral TKR Where to begin, did too much?

    Also, been reading about arthrofibrosis and hoping this isn’t my pain in right groin and leg when I life knee to marching. I forgot to take my am meds, so no diuretic, BP meds...holding fluids which may be everywhere including knees. Hopefully, not real inflammation, since no NSAIDs for me...
  15. Tmgrl3

    Bilateral TKR Long Term Pain after total knee replacement

    So sorry to hear this.Definitrly needs looking into by someone who does revisions. Hope you get some answers.
Back
Top Bottom