• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

[BILATERAL TKR] Long Term Pain after total knee replacement

CalCiCi

Country
United States United States
I had both knees replaced with Stryker Triathlon knees in 2006. There was no pain during rehab and for a few weeks after. I have had constant pain ever since, that would be 13 years. I called the doctor, who did an excellent job and was told that pain does remain for some patients.

I have had 2-3 rehab sessions over the years to no avail. I have had 5-6 X-rays over the years and they all report a perfect installation and no visible problems. In addition to Orthopaedic appointments I have seen a Neurologist. No one has been able to do anything about the pain and it's very just getting to the breaking point. There are supposedly no mechanical problems but there is occasionally a slight issue with stability while walking.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Pumpkln

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
@CalCiCi
Welcome to BoneSmart, glad you joined us!
Sorry to hear you have continuing pain in your knees for over 10 years. Have you sought a second opinion?
Did you have aggressive therapy right after surgery? Was the focus on how much you could bend your knee?

If you have not sought a second opinion, recommend you seek a one for your TKR, from a surgeon specializing in Revisions, they have the education and background to determine what is happening with troubled knees. Look for a surgeon specializing in complex joint reconstruction or revisions. They should have no relationship with your present OS, not even golf buddies.

Please post your surgery date, a moderator will add it to your signature for you. Having the exact date will help us properly advise you. Thanks!

Jockette

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
That’s really sad that you’ve had continuing pain all this time. I have a lot of discomfort but it usually doesn’t cross the line over to pain, but it’s frustrating and disheartening. I do occasionally seem improvements, though.

A second opinion might be able to find the cause.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Kurt_H
Recent bookmarks

Trending hash tags