Bilateral TKR Where to begin, did too much?

So nine months out and doing really well. Still no consensus from doctors on whether I should restart Fosamax. I am seeing another specialist/endocrinologist who deals with people that have spinal scoliosis issues like mine. They can’t use the DEXA bone density read on my spine as one of the two reads they use to determine if one should go on meds for osteoporosis. My gynecologist pointed out that using just my wrist bone alone wasn’t a good decision since my hip has osteopenia only. So see another doc on Monday. In meantime, I have had carpal tunnel release and right trigger thumb surgery done, two weeks ago, and have a breast core biopsy coming up next week. Then we hope to start making plans again to live and travel and visit!! Walking and balance are really good. No more icing at night for about a month now. So glad I had the bilateral done!
 
March , 2019, double knee replacement. So 17 months out from surgery. Been doing really well. all normal activities for my 77 year old body. My exercise is basically the eliptical since I have a professional one at home. However, a day ago, I started with pain under right kneecap. I looked at my last workout and it was level 10 for 30 minutes. I have been building up from level 1 for over a year and lately doing random workouts to get intervals so 30 minutes of level 1 to 12....but not steady level ...wondering if that level 10 for 25 minutes with 5 minute cool down at level 1 did this. Feels like knee is giving out under me when I take steps some of that with a pain jab. Have appointment for next Monday with ortho and trying tylenol with ibuprofen (which I only take a few times a year).

I am sure the pandemic has offered people so very many challenges. I thought about how fortunate I am that I did both knees at once because otherwise the second one would just not have gotten done with Covid raging. I live in New York so we got hit hard. Sheltering in place still.

Other medical issues cropped up while worst of Covid was going around. Had to have a tooth extraction and then some cryosurgery on right earlobe for CNH and it doesn’t seem to have removed the main lesion in the cartilage, so may need surgery for that. Waiting for the Hurricane/tropical storm Isaias to pass tomorrow night.

Will be doing some reading to see how others are doing! If anyone has had pain issues at this stage due to overuse of eliptical please share! I have no active infection in my body that I know of so have the ice packs chilling and ready to get that going too. Best to everyone! Terri
 
It's good to hear from you, but I am sorry you're having some pain with your right knee. I think you should stay off of the elliptical for a week or so to see if your knee calms down. It could be that it is just fussing because it has been overworked and needs a break to recuperate.
 
Hello! I agree you should back off anything that might be causing any extra or undue pain ., I cannot use elliptical because of SI joint issues but perhaps after resting few days and starting again slowly it will become clear what is going on. Good luck!!
 
Back
Top Bottom