Recent content by Tired2007

  1. T

    TKR 6 Weeks Post Surgery, very stiff<

    I was six weeks post op on Thursday. My mind is shocked reading a lot of responses about people having PT force their knees repeatedly. I only had one person try that in rehab, which I told her to stop and to never do that again. I went back to my room in tears and she came in later to...
  2. T

    Bilateral TKR Stiffness

    Your surgeon said 95 at week 2? Wow. My surgeon’s comment was he’s happy if people are pulling 95 at 6 weeks post op. I was at 88/90 2 weeks post op and he was more than pleased- said it was not the norm. And I can honestly say my PT has been fantastic. No one forces or does anything I can’t...
  3. T

    Pre-op exercises?

    I did five weeks of pre-surgery PT. I honestly feel it helped me tremendously in my interim stage of waiting. I think it has definitely helped so far in my recovery too. A lot focused on the quad muscles. I definitely felt the difference when doing steps. My upper body strength has always been...
  4. T

    what to expect (generally)

    Not sure how it works for your hospital, but meds in my Hospital were not the meds I went home with. They are ordered daily per doctor’s orders, and given per dosage timeline. I actually ended up getting a pain script upon leaving my 9 days in rehabilitation unit. Same as with my blood...
  5. T

    Bilateral TKR Stiffness

    I’m not a physical therapist but I was insistent that I was going to go to PT. I’m three weeks post-op today. I’m running into the challenge of excelling at the “ROM” markers with as excessive swelling I have from bleeding into both legs during surgery. And I had to inform my PTA yesterday that...
  6. T

    BTKR recovery

    I’m currently on my sixth day of rehab after BTKR. Anticipate going home on day 10. I unfortunately had a lot of bleeding into my legs, so my swelling has been bad. Some of my friends who have had one done said they had lots of swelling/bleeding too. People keep telling me I’m doing really well...
  7. T

    what to expect (generally)

    Nurses would want you to press your call bell. They don’t mind coming or sending an aide. I was currently in the hospital after bilateral knees four days ago and I use the call bell. There’s no way I’d try this on my own. I told my surgeon: I waited and fought to get these knees/out of this pain...
  8. T

    Length of hospital stay

    I just had bilateral knees Thursday and it’ll be decided if I go tomorrow or Tuesday to rehab. I have to be able to get up 13 steps from my driveway into my house. I am not ready for that this close post-op.
  9. T

    Pre-Cert Denial

    Thank you! She’s doing fairly well considering two knees! Surgeon was surprised she could lift both legs off bed so well today. He said he finds few are able or willing to do so. Said both of her knees were pretty crappy and bad. Everyone in hospital staff kept telling her she looks so good...
  10. T

    Pre-Cert Denial

    I’m posting for my mom now. She’s currently in surgery. Aetna is the “big” insurer with the hospital system insurer being under it. She got her spinal anesthesia. The manufacturer is hoping to return to “normal” levels come end of April.
  11. T

    Pre-Cert Denial

    All ready to go here. Did learn at my PAT appt last week there’s a shortage of spinal anesthesia.
  12. T

    Pre-Cert Denial

    Insurance provided the criteria upon denial. And the basic gist was that BMI above 40 won’t be a successful replacement because of increase comorbidities, which I do not have. My surgeon friends and everyone within our system thinks it’s the most ridiculous thing to exist. I did an internal...
  13. T

    Pre-Cert Denial

    Surgery is scheduled in less than two weeks. It’s a go as long as my surgery site from an unexpected ca diagnosis is okay. Everyone asks how I’m doing from that and my reply is, “Well my knees hurt...”
  14. T

    Need to lose weight before surgery

    I’m having to lose weight as a condition of surgery not by my doctor, but by my insurer. It’s an entirely different level. Per my surgeon, I might have been the first person denied by an insurance company for knee replacements, but I won’t be the last. I have 8 lbs to get to the BMI threshold...
  15. T

    Pre-Cert Denial

    Thanks. Hospital/Surgeon has no rule. The insurance does. I guess it’s welcome to 2018 and the new way insurers can try to pay their CEO’s 6 million dollar EOY bonuses.
Back
Top Bottom