Recent content by Timpalmer

  1. Timpalmer

    THR RTHR on Nov 12th

    Hello all I haven`t been on in awhile so I figured I would give an update. I am using a cane when I am doing alot of walking and when I first get up from sitting due to stiffness. Today I spent a good part of the day cleaning up from snow storm Nemo and my hip feels great after shoveling and...
  2. Timpalmer

    THR RTHR on Nov 12th

    Hello all I saw my surgeon yesterday and he is very pleased with my progress as well as the improvement of moblility of the hip. I am now using one crutch with little pain once so ever. I see him again in three months by then I should be back to 100 %.
  3. Timpalmer

    THR RTHR on Nov 12th

    Hello all I am doing well still on the crutches with some wieght bearing. I would have thought that I would be walking with out any assistance by now but my hip says other wise. I see the surgeon on the 3rd so I will see what he has to say. I`m not sure if the hip is very swollen or if the...
  4. Timpalmer

    Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

    My surgeon calls this type of incision the shark bite , Lol
  5. Timpalmer

    THR RTHR on Nov 12th

    I was told by the surgeon that it would be at least 4 weeks before I could put full wieght on the leg in order to let the bone graft around the replacement. My type has no cement only bone graft material.
  6. Timpalmer

    THR RTHR on Nov 12th

    Hello all I am doing better than the last time I was on here but still in a lot of pain and unable to walk on it with out the cruches yet. One of my biggest problems is my leg is back to it`s normal length and my muscles are not yet back to the length. It have been doing my pt and lots of...
  7. Timpalmer

    THR RTHR on Nov 12th

    Well I had my surgery Monday morning and it went very well. On Wed morning I got sick to my stomach right after getting my pain meds on an empty stomach. Then I wasn't able to urinate on my own until last night so I was finally allowed to go home today at about 4 pm. I feel so much better at...
  8. Timpalmer

    2012 November Nimbles - Are you having hip surgery in November?

    I will be working Sunday at least half a day then I will get some rest.
  9. Timpalmer

    2012 November Nimbles - Are you having hip surgery in November?

    I had my presurgical testing on the 6th good to go for surgery on the 12th not sure what time yet. I have been working 12 hour days 7 days a week to get all the work I have done before the surgery and so far that is the only thing making me nervious. I am a self employeed plumber and this new...
  10. Timpalmer

    2012 November Nimbles - Are you having hip surgery in November?

    Well I got a call from my surgeon`s office they have moved my surgery from the 14th to the 12th.
  11. Timpalmer

    Blood thinners

    Hello all I am having a RTHR on November 14th and from what the Dr`s assistant told me is I will be taking injections to ensure I do not have a clot after surgery. I am wondering has anyone else had to take these type of injections ?
  12. Timpalmer

    2012 November Nimbles - Are you having hip surgery in November?

    November 14th R/THR due to AVN looking forward to be able to walk somewhat normal.
  13. Timpalmer

    THR Scheduled in November

    Hello all 38 year old male here diagnosed with AVN of the right hip in February and I have finally got the surgeon to schedule my hip replacement surgery. I have been told by my surgeon that I will not be able to work for 2 to 3 months after surgery. I am a plumber so I do kneel and climb...
Back
Top Bottom