Recent content by tikipadre

  1. tikipadre

    THR Stabbing hip pain 6 years on

    Trochanteric Bursitis sucks, and affected me years after my replacements, put a scare in me, I just knew something was wrong with my bionic hip, Long story short, I went to Orthopod and he diagnosed me and said .. put your finger on where it hurts the worst... I did right on the incision, he...
  2. tikipadre

    Bilateral TKR I did it!

    With my new hip, my orthopod told me the more activity the better. His exact words were "You're not gonna break it!" My first THR is almost 17 yrs old and it's not worn out yet! I'd say do what your muscles and soft tissues let you do.. faster.. better... stronger.
  3. tikipadre

    THR TikiPadre new hip round 2 older and a bit more sore

    Quick update... had THR on July 12th I believe, and this is Nov 1... I still have quite a bit of stiffness upon getting out of bed or when I sit for an extended period of time but if I "walk it off" I can walk normally without a limp, but to do that I REALLY have to make a concerted effort to do...
  4. tikipadre

    THR TikiPadre new hip round 2 older and a bit more sore

    well.. the leg of my new hip is still longer than the other... doc said it will even out over time... I'm ready for that to happen... this limping around is getting OLD:sorry:
  5. tikipadre

    THR TikiPadre new hip round 2 older and a bit more sore

    Quick update... had my follow up with my OS and he lifted all restrictions. YAY.. I am walking without a cane for at least a week now, my leg is still about an inch or so longer, but the doc said I still need to stretch out the ligaments and/or tenons and it will even out sooner or later. Really...
  6. tikipadre

    Bilateral TKR I did it!

    This does NOT look fun at all... Hope the meds are working without making you wonky.
  7. tikipadre

    Bilateral TKR I did it!

    Hope all goes well, doesn't sound like you're having all that much fun though. Hope it gets better.
  8. tikipadre

    THR TikiPadre new hip round 2 older and a bit more sore

    LOL yeah, luckily it was the opposite leg of my new THR, but now it kind of evens out the pain... kinda the same on both legs... Not bad today though, the bruise is coming along nicely... kind of a plum color.. lol
  9. tikipadre

    Bilateral THR KungFu/BJJ hips

    I don't mind at all... I was diagnosed with avascular necrosis of the femoral head... the blood supply to the femoral head just wasn't sufficient enough, and/or non-existant. It had compacted to the point of wearing down bone to bone, I had a lot of discomfort with swelling and from time to time...
  10. tikipadre

    Bilateral THR KungFu/BJJ hips

    Keep the great attitude, it will come in handy. I'm 18 days out from a THR and am feeling pretty good, I've been trying to behave myself but it's hard to do when you've been cooped up for a couple weeks. Good to feel everything kind of stretching and making progress... small steps.. patience...
  11. tikipadre

    Bilateral TKR I did it!

    Congrats on your new parts... hope you're feeling better soon. You seem like a really strong person, but still take it easy... baby steps, one thing at a time and follow your doc's instructions.. Keep us posted!
  12. tikipadre

    THR TikiPadre new hip round 2 older and a bit more sore

    Kicked by a horse.... euthanized a horse (different one) and stung by a darn wasp yesterday... for a guy that can barely walk, it was an amazingly sucky day. Really paying for it today... nice color in the bruise developing on my thigh where I got kicked.. Just bad timing on my part... little...
  13. tikipadre

    Bilateral THR KungFu/BJJ hips

    Hope all goes well, Take it slow brother. Relax, ice, elevate... gonna take time, don't rush it.
  14. tikipadre

    Hip Resurfacing Back to work :(

    LOVE "Top Gear" ... Gotta watch BBC to get the good version, the American version is kind of like buying generic chocolate.. big hopes but not really as good as the original.:groan:
  15. tikipadre

    THR TikiPadre new hip round 2 older and a bit more sore

    Yes.. having my mother involved with the surgery was pretty amazing.. My OS asked her if she was ok with doing the THR on her own son, and she was totally fine with it, He then asked me, and of course I approved, and from then it was a done deal. I think he was a bit more nervous than she was...
Back
Top Bottom