Recent content by ticksmom

  1. T

    TKR 54 days of recovery. Overdid it?

    My TKR was August 4th. Thanks for the info. So valuable.
  2. T

    Welcome to the August Hotshots 2022 Knee Recovery Club

    I had my total right knee replacement on August 4th. OUCH!
  3. T

    TKR 54 days of recovery. Overdid it?

    Hi. I got my right knee replaced 54 days ago. OT has been going well. I can't believe how things have changed since 9 years ago. When I had my left knee replaced I was in the hospital for 6 days. Now, when I had my right done, they kicked me out if the hospital the next day! I was not ready for...
  4. T

    general anesthesia hip replacement

    I have had both of mine with general. Piece of cake. Don't sweat too. They know what they are doing. Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
  5. T

    THR Ticksmom Recovery

    Thank you. Still sore, but have determined it is muscle pain as I have been walking "wrong" for quite some things prior to surgery. I'm thinking I'm as normal as it can be at this stage of recovery. It gets worse as the day goes on. Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
  6. T

    THR Ticksmom Recovery

    Thanks for the feedback everyone. I tend to overdo things, so I will slow down the pace and do lots more icing. [emoji57] Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
  7. T

    THR Ticksmom Recovery

    Here I am. Still plugging along. I have a question for the gang. It's that anything I can do about the sharp groin pain I am now feeling? Surgery was Dec. 5th. This pain seemed to begin 2 weeks ago or so. Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
  8. T

    THR Made it... my random thoughts

    That's wonderful! Congrats on the new hip. You are gonna love it. Add times you will hate it of you are like me, but the hate is fleeting. It's all good. [emoji1360] Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
  9. T

    THR Ticksmom Recovery

    Thank you [emoji1317] Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
  10. T

    THR Ticksmom Recovery

    So, all is well. I now have a neurologist to add to my list of doctors. It never send to end LOL. I have a question for you all. I am now in week 5 of recovery and I have been having pain in my groin and outside of my hip. Sometimes it goes down the outside of my leg about 8 inches or so. Is...
  11. T

    THR Ticksmom Recovery

    You guys are not going to believe this! I had a stroke a couple of days ago. It was mild and caught very quickly so I am none the worse for the wear. It just made me be in the hospital again. My hip is doing just fine now and I'm doing the exercises as prescribed...Just this bump in the road...
  12. T

    THR Ticksmom Recovery

    Hi all. Survived Christmas [emoji1335]. I have a question for you all. Have you gotten the nerve pain in your thigh? I got it, called the doctor a week ago and he said that it is from nerves being damaged in the replacement and that they will heal. As it heals, it feels like stinging and...
  13. T

    THR Ticksmom Recovery

    Hi all. Today is brighter. I slept well and woke up feeling refreshed and ready to begin again. Thanks for all your kindness. Merry Christmas [emoji268] Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
  14. T

    THR Ticksmom Recovery

    Thank you. Good advice and I will try it. Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
  15. T

    THR Ticksmom Recovery

    Thank you [emoji1317] Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Back
Top Bottom