Recent content by thx11384eb

  1. thx11384eb

    Any positive GA over spinal/sedation?

    I had a spinal for my anterior thr. I felt a lot better after the surgery as compared to having ga for my rotator cuff repair surgery. Talk to the anesthesiologist and ask what their opinion is and then base your decision from that. I had a talk with mine about thirty minutes before and I...
  2. thx11384eb

    MomaBear needs help

    I had my left hip replaced in December. Couldn't stand the pain and sleeplessness, nor could I afford it. I have insurance so I bit the bullet and had it done. Kaiser covered most except my deductible. I made a small payment to the hospital about a week before the surgery. They said any amount...
  3. thx11384eb

    THR Status on June 8 Right Total Hip Replacement

    I was on crutches from the day after surgery for four weeks. I set no goals others than resting and walking a bit everyday. At five weeks I went to one crutch and to a cane two weeks later. After eight weeks walking unassisted but cautiously, making sure my path wherever I went was clear...
  4. thx11384eb

    is 40 too young? What will change?

    First, welcome to the group. I had my left hip replaced just a few months ago, December 22nd, just before my 41st birthday. It has been one of the best thing I have ever had done. I feel ten years younger. I had 24/7 pain and severely restricted movement before surgery. I was constantly tired...
  5. thx11384eb

    THR Shiny new hip installed

    Rode a stationary bike for thirty minutes today, last September I couldn't because of my left hip. My left hip wouldn't rotate hardly at all and it was very painful. Today, I did the thirty minutes and felt I could have done more. I held back though, I want to see if there is any soreness...
  6. thx11384eb

    THR Shiny new hip installed

    Finally cleared today by surgeon to return to work full time regular duty. I will see how it goes. I won't be walking on any ice, well if there is anymore snow or ice. They temps here in Denver have been very warm for February. Still have physical therapy visits to attend, but they have also...
  7. thx11384eb

    THR Shiny new hip installed

    I feel really good, almost off the pain medication. Ready to slowly go back to work. Got to pay off the bill, expensive,but damn worth it. Can tie my shoe on my left foot for the first time in four years, can also cross my legs. 22nd December 2016 anterior approach lthr
  8. thx11384eb

    Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

    Five and half weeks 22nd December 2016 anterior approach LTHR
  9. thx11384eb

    THR Shiny new hip installed

    Little update Surgeon has officially released me to do "normal" activities. Of course, he said don't try to be a hero. If something hurts or if I need more time off from work to let him know. He said my right hip will need to most likely replaced at sometime in the future and not to let it...
  10. thx11384eb

    THR Shiny new hip installed

    Went to the physical therapist last week. My gait is okay, but my balance is off. The muscle atrophy in the left leg is a contributing factor as well as the added length to left leg. I am on one crutch now per the therapist, but still using two when out in weather or places with a lot of people...
  11. thx11384eb

    THR Shiny new hip installed

    I agree. Bridging and leg lifts just sound counterproductive too me. Mirror work and some time on a treadmill might be the best. I have even stayed away from doing too much of the "at home PT" exercise. Just plain standing up and walking worked better and quicker for me. They were pushing the...
  12. thx11384eb

    THR Shiny new hip installed

    The surgeon said that he thinks a little PT is need for me to help my gait. It's been screwed up for a very long time. I also have had a lot of muscle atrophy on my left leg. As of right now I can manage full weight on the new hip but the knee wants to lock sometimes when I try to take a...
  13. thx11384eb

    THR Shiny new hip installed

    Had my post operative appointment yesterday. The nurses were impressed with the condition of the incision. They said it looks great and to just cover it when or if i experience any rubbing or chafing. Little numbness persist but the thigh looks good. The swelling now is very minimal and only...
  14. thx11384eb

    THR Shiny new hip installed

    Well, I am staying at my brothers place. So I have to wear something. But once I get back to my place, there will be days of just wearing a robe. Plus, having sleep or lounge pants on help when applying the ice packs or when wearing the iceman hip pad. Helps blunt the effect of the ice on the...
  15. thx11384eb

    THR Shiny new hip installed

    My new hip is starting to feel better now with the passing of each day. The swelling and numbness are down. The muscle tightness has reduced slightly as well. Using ice and elevation frequently, mostly at night. Starting to forget to take my pain medication. But still sticking close to...
Back
Top Bottom