4 months post op RTHR (leg with the tattoo on the foot) and 3 post LTHR.
16 staples each side. Approx 12cms long.
Then at 3.5 months post LTHR I had revision which required 22 staples. Surgeon went through same incision area but due to how quick it had healed and my type of scarring he cut out the scar so I just have one. Approx 15-18cms long.
Candice - 29 year old from Aus
RTHR 1 June 2016 LTHR 13 July 2016 Revision of LTHR 12 October 2016.
Haven't seen my scar yet but here is the dressing. Get to change it in a couple days. Fourth surgery using same incision area but this is the first using glue instead of staples.
This is 14 days out. After looking through all of the pictures here I am pretty sure I hold the record for the longest and worst hip replacement scar ever. The picture does not show the three inches that continue around the back! 19 inches of pain.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.