@karena71 that is great news, no more PT and your ROM has improved! At first I could only pedal backwards then eventually I could pedal forward and what a great feeling of accomplishment. As for feeling tired, I still have days of feeling exhausted especially after work. Also my speed in...
I am now a couple weeks away from 4 months post op (14weeks) and I must have over done it on this long holiday weekend. My right knee which is waiting to be replaced is very painful. My new left knee is feeling very tight and bending is only about 90-95 degrees. Also my ankle and foot are...
@karena71 How are you doing? How is your ROM? Last week was my first week back at work, the 3 weeks prior I worked from home. Boy was I exhausted when I got home and my ankle was swollen. You started back at work before me so thought I would ask how you balance work, PT and trying to improve...
Hi Jol, I am doing good still working at the ROM. Having just met the 3 month mark last week I had a follow up with my OS. His P.A. bent my knee and said it was at 105. I had just finished PT moments prior (they are in the same building). I still go to PT 3x's a week and my ROM is anywhere from...
@referee54 Thank you for sharing as it is very encouraging. I just happen to stumble upon a video of Al Rocker from the Today show and how at 2 weeks he was back at work and all that he does with his PT therapist. I started to compare and thought how the heck did he do it. Then I read your post...
Ladies you are right, it's all about patience. @zzevi true statement...if the tightness/stiffness was not there it would feel like it was worth it. Since we are told this will eventually go away I guess I have something to look forward to. Just nice to know I am not alone with this recovery...
@karena71 Yeah, great news on hitting 92 on your ROM. So glad you had a great day and seeing improvement. Do you feel tightness/stiffness in the knee area and do you have any swelling down in the foot/ankle area while work? So excited the Cubs one another reason to celebrate. What a game it was.
@sistersinhim yes, I guess I am a member of the ODIC. I am sure it will not be the only time I visit the club but will try my hardest not to! I have read Josephine's thread as well as many others who never did formal PT. I skipped out on PT for a week and another time 5 days and my knee seem...
My son came home from college for the weekend, yeah! We did our tradition of going to the pumpkin patch and getting a couple of pumpkins. I had to walk up a slight hill that the ground was a little uneven. It was somewhat tricky and I found myself peg legging. Then we stopped for a few grocery...
Sweet video Diane. It is so hard not to try what others have done hoping it my help us. Funny I tried it and got my leg up on my desk too. But I can not seem to give up PT like others have done. Somethings we try and somethings we don't.
@uva55 and @dianehelen I know I can not pick who my son...
Diane you are funny, pick that mic back up. No grandkids right now. My son is finishing up his last year of college and will graduate in Ma. I tell him all the time I want 3 grandbabies but not to start on it till he has started his career and of course is married to a woman I like.
@dianehelen Yes cancer does SUCK!!! I am on my 11th year working at a cancer center and I have seen so much both good and bad. So glad you have a group of survivors to celebrate with.
@uva55 so encouraging to know that you still gained ROM with just walking, biking and running after grandkids...
I only wish I did not have to shave my legs every other day. I even did laser hair removal and it did not work. Many if our chemo patients at work have their hair grow back curly. Yes, I am still doing PT 3x's week until I see my OS on Nov 9th. I am afraid if I stop going I will lose ROM as I am...
Thank you Celle. I should know this by now but when I stopped PT for a week awhile back and did gentle exercises at home I felt I lost ROM. Perhaps just daily living will get me there.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.