Recent content by tgwal

  1. tgwal

    THR Second Hip Replacement a success

    @Layla Thanks! All continues to go well. I am doing most anything I want now. Sewing is my go to fun time. So lots of sewing going on!
  2. tgwal

    THR Second Hip Replacement a success

    I went for my six week postop appointment. Everything looks great. Right where it supposed to be. I’m walking a mile without the cane. Just a little bit of a limp when I first get going. I go back in another six weeks and then in five months. I might’ve overdone it a little bit yesterday but I...
  3. tgwal

    THR Second Hip Replacement a success

    @Layla I’m doing great! Wandering around the house a fair amount without a cane. No pain meds. Just some Tylenol and Advil. I’ll update y’all after my October 29 appointment.
  4. tgwal

    THR Second Hip Replacement a success

    I’m now into my 3rd week Post op. Everything is great. I’m walking with the cane only. No more walker. Yay! Pain meds are down to alternating Tylenol and Advil. Still need 1/2 an oxycodone at night. PT came this morning. She’s adding to my strengthening exercises and Thursday will my...
  5. tgwal

    THR Second Hip Replacement a success

    We had a bit of a mixup on the appointment. It got written on my discharge papers incorrectly. I really didn’t need to go back for 6 weeks. However I did see the NP and she checked the incision and all is well. It’s been an exhausting day. PT tomorrow.
  6. tgwal

    2020 September Sapphires - Are you having hip surgery in September?

    Thanks Pumpkin! I am glad Left hip is done.
  7. tgwal

    THR Second Hip Replacement a success

    Whew what I don’t remember is the loopiness. And nausea this time. I have some meds for that but I am so tired of sleeping. I cut my oxycodone from a whole to a half pill this morning. Maybe that will help some.
  8. tgwal

    THR Second Hip Replacement a success

    Sure. This is my left hip.
  9. tgwal

    THR Second Hip Replacement a success

    So my second hip is a success. Had this one done on Monday September 14, 2020, first one was February 6 2013. I think I’m on schedule but still loopy with the pain meds. Backing off some on them tomorrow. First checkup on Monday 21st. Glad it’s done and look forward to a smooth recovery...
  10. tgwal

    THR Bionic Woman has a shiny new hip!!

    Yeah! Glad to hear things went well! Hope things will continue to go great!
  11. tgwal

    THR My New Hip

    Whew! What a weekend! Company started rolling in last Wednesday for my niece's wedding. Most of them stayed at our house and the wedding was in our backyard. And Easter at our house too. So I really overdid it this weekend but I had lots of help. But my hip is good. I've still got a small...
  12. tgwal

    THR My New Hip

    I'm doing great! Company this weekend. Will update y'all next week.
  13. tgwal

    THR My New Hip

    Sharon, I do find it interesting that different PT's have different ideas about how to do things. My limp is nearly gone and I did end up with 2 more PT sessions. He has me walking at PT with or without the cane, whichever I feel more comfortable with. Hope the limp is gone soon.
  14. tgwal

    THR My New Hip

    Hi everyone! Hope everyone is doing great! I think I'm right on schedule. I've been pretty busy. I'm back to work, but being very careful and going home when I get too tired. This is our busy seanson so it's really hard to get away. I take my ice pack with me and use it faithfully...
  15. tgwal

    THR Surgery went well

    Sounds like you are doing great! Most definitely, you've been busy! Hope things continue to go well....
Back
Top Bottom