THR Bionic Woman has a shiny new hip!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
BionicWoman2 Hi Tracey so glad you have joined us on this side and that you have had a really positive experience and you are back home Sending you all good wishes for your recovery.
 
Tracy so glad to see you on the other side! it sounds like
things went very well with your surgery and you are home
already!
wonderful!
:yay:
 
Welcome to the other side Tracey! Sounds like you are doing very well. Strange they don't want you to elevate but be sure and ice. It helps with the swelling and is great natural pain relief. I look forward to your updates!
 
In my best voice from the Spencer Davis Group Lyrics from one of their songs. "so glad you made it, so glad you made it. A nurse friend of mine told me that a spinal was the way to go. She used to work as a surgical nurse on the floor but said she won't be there to abuse me because she has a new job. Looks like I escaped another chance of being abused.:egypdance:
 
@BionicWoman2
So glad everything went well Tracey. Don't worry too much about every little ache and pain. I did that too. Is this a blood clot? Is this the start of an infection? Oh no! It's all us being paranoid and very protective of our new hip. I think it's all perfectly normal. Rest, ice and take your meds. It gets better every day!
 
Yeah! Glad to hear things went well! Hope things will continue to go great!
 
Congratulations on your new hip! Sounds like you are off to a great start in your recovery.
 
OK, I need to get this straight in my mind. There were people in the room who were pulling, twisting and yanking on your leg to get it out of the joint, there were the sounds of saws and smells of (I can't even go there). And YOU DOZED OFF??????? Bionic does not even begin to describe you!
 
BionicWoman2 Tracey, congratulations! I'm with Cookie42 how in the everlovin blue eyed world did you FALL ASLEEP?????????? I am happy at all your progress already-- I'm going to ask for glue and stitches and steri-strips too :) Shower goooooood......
 
Steri stripes is that like opsite? My wife has had numerous surgeries & opsite is what they covered her wounds with. Kind of a clear water proof bandage. I don't know if my surgeon uses it but I'm going to ask him today on my pre-op visit.
 
tankeryanker,
I found this
[Bonesmart.org] Bionic Woman has a shiny new hip!!
 
Hi again my hippy friends. Yes, it's true, LOL, i fell asleep and actually dreamed. When they woke me up, it was all done. Last I remember was them moving me about on the operating table just after inserting the spinal. I was nervous as heck. I felt them positioning me between vice grips. I felt it particularly on my pubic bone. NOTHING hurt - I was just aware of all the docs and anestesiologists scrambling around me. They put a big blow up blanket over me - and filled it with warm air - they said it was to keep me warm. Then my hand hurt when they injected sleepy medicine, then I became relaxed and fell asleep. This is the way to go. Put all fears aside. I was given extra med through the spinal which lasted a full 12 hours post op. NO PAIN. Pain started day 2, and while it was quite intense, it was manageable. No worries about not waking up or puncturing anything with breathing tube - didnt need it. No catheter - didnt need it. Up walking day 1. It hasnt been a cake walk - I am scared to move wrong, but the swelling in my leg prevents me from moving outside restrictions. Trying to get organized with all the gadgets and aids. More to come. Dinner time :spin: :SUNsmile:
 
Wow, impressive that you were awake for any of that. I think I fell asleep before they laid me down after inserting the spinal, or maybe during, I do remember the warm feeling starting in my legs and that was it. I'm glad, I didn't want to know anything. :)
 
I fell asleep as they wheeled me from the pre-op room into the theatre!
 
Steri stripes is that like opsite? My wife has had numerous surgeries & opsite is what they covered her wounds with. Kind of a clear water proof bandage. I don't know if my surgeon uses it but I'm going to ask him today on my pre-op visit.
I have not heard of opsite - but there is no bandage - they took bandages off and replaced with steri-strips. They fall off on their own when ready. Can't soak in water, but shower is ok. Had 2nd one today - and it felt sooooo good. hahahahaha.
 
Hello there my hippy friends. Still doing great, making lots of progress. I have a lot of swelling in my leg from thigh to ankle. Trying to rest, ice and elevate but not helping much. Moving my leg feels great. No more hip pain :). They did add 1/4 inch to the leg length - so now my right leg is shorter sigh. Doctor said it shouldnt be noticeable once the muscles get stronger. If needed, I can get the right hip done and doc can make them the same. I wont hesitate given this experience, I am glad its finally over and I can spend time recovering. I cant wait to be able to sleep on my side. Challenged by incision pain and lack of proper bed rails.

My hip socket was Non-existent - so no wonder I was in so much pain. I can't belive I lasted 47 years like this. Well, now I need to rehab so I can climb mountains :bicycle1: and ride bikes.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom