Recent content by Tesjohn

  1. Tesjohn

    Revision THR 2nd hip replacement

    Nothing eventful here. Rainy holiday. Boring long day. No more drainage at all. Off pain meds…..just taking Tylenol. Going to get staples removed tomorrow. Not looking forward to that…may pop a pain pill before I go. I have been walking unassisted. No walker, no cane and do not seem to...
  2. Tesjohn

    Revision THR 2nd hip replacement

    Very little drainage left. Finally!!!!! Put off staple removal til next week. Otherwise doing quite well….:loveshwr::dancy:
  3. Tesjohn

    Revision THR 2nd hip replacement

    The nurse was just here. Said the same thing..not to panic. Said it looks worse than it is…other than that I am doing really well. It’s got to be done soon it’s 11 days since surgery. Incision site looks good, I’m walking well and not in a lot of pain, so I think I am calm enough not to worry...
  4. Tesjohn

    Revision THR 2nd hip replacement

    Sent pics to the dr this morning and he says unfortunately this happens with revisions. Now wants dressing changed daily. Visiting nurses do that. So it doesn’t seem like anyone is worried about it except me! Does anyone know anyone else going through this??? I have not seen any posts about...
  5. Tesjohn

    Revision THR 2nd hip replacement

    Ok I give up. Just went to the bathroom…scratch that last statement about being no new blood. Actually there is quite a bit this morning. Don’t understand. I don’t seem to be seeing too much of this from anyone else or am I missing it. Not too optimistic right now and that just changed in...
  6. Tesjohn

    Revision THR 2nd hip replacement

    Surgeon had me come in to check bleeding and change bandage. He stopped PT until Monday. Said it is harder to stop bleeding from revision cause of going in through same incision. I still walk as much as I can. I saw the incision and it actually looks pretty good. Pain is minimal at this...
  7. Tesjohn

    Revision THR 2nd hip replacement

    This is my recovery thread…right???:doh::scare::shrug:
  8. Tesjohn

    Revision THR 2nd hip replacement

    Surgeon knows about the bleeding. Says it is normal because he used the same incision to go back in and that takes longer to heal. Did not know about that ahead of time…..
  9. Tesjohn

    Revision THR 2nd hip replacement

    I guess everything is fine. They just keep redressing it. I have bled through three times since I’m home….seems to have slowed down for now but that has been happening right through. It slows down and all of a sudden it’s soaked. Last night I bled through and went to ER to have it looked at...
  10. Tesjohn

    Revision THR 2nd hip replacement

    Just checked my bandage… bleeding again… this might call for a trip to the hospital. Starting to come through bandages……I have no pain or anything…just bleeding….. calling my husband to check it further….
  11. Tesjohn

    Revision THR 2nd hip replacement

    New experience for me….I developed a bleed last night. Had to call nursing. It bled slowly most of the night. Nurse came today to put new dressing on it. Thought it was a small hematoma. Finally got it stopped. A bit scary for me. Naturally on the week-end,,,,told to stop exercises. Dr...
  12. Tesjohn

    Revision THR Complex surgery with revisions, infection, sepsis, and more…

    Good to hear you so positive @danelady. It sounds like you are doing well. My follow up appointment is the 31….. you are so right…do not push. Walking around now is the important thing, I think. It’s good to have someone close even if you don’t need them….peace of mind is definitely worth...
  13. Tesjohn

    Revision THR Complex surgery with revisions, infection, sepsis, and more…

    I had PT come to the house yesterday. Just a few basic exercises so far. Nothing to get crazy about. No problem doing anything so far. I can actually do more then they ask. How long are they going to keep you in hospital @danelady. Are you happier there or are you anxious to get home...
  14. Tesjohn

    Revision THR Complex surgery with revisions, infection, sepsis, and more…

    So, I’m having a really good morning. Still having trouble staying awake but got nausea under control and pain is quite bearable right now. Remembering past experience and as of now, this is a big improvement. I know these things go back and forth so I’m still ready for anything!!! It’s nice...
  15. Tesjohn

    Revision THR 2nd hip replacement

    @danelady, how are you doing???? Are you home yet???
Back
Top Bottom