Recent content by TerryS

  1. TerryS

    TKR the other side

    10 days out and I seem to be "normal", have pain, bruising, swelling, sleep whenever, a rash from the bandage, no loss of appitite, CONSTIPATION,:bawl:a growing dislike for compression socks. everythings seems to be going ok, I don't recall my numbers, I'll have to write them down tomorrow...
  2. TerryS

    TKR the other side

    Day post-op and all appears to be going well. I do have bruising above the bend in the knee that starts on the right side and goes around the back. The sleep issue is interesting. :snork: Using bags of frozen peas for ice packs. Took the bandage off today. Don't know if swelling is within...
  3. TerryS

    TKR the other side

    Well I finally crossed over to the other side. I made the trip on 4/16, came home on 4/4/18. All is well. I was up and walking with the help of my walker the afternoon of the 16th and the physical therapist said I was already ahead of the ballgame. I was able to hold out asking for oral...
  4. TerryS

    Anyone else been alone in recovery?

    Just had my final pre-op appt with the surgeon and he asked if I live alone. I told him yes but I have someone who is going to check in on me daily (LOL more like hourly if I know her:rotfl:) and I have made my apartment ready for my post-surgery days. He asked if I wanted to go home afterward...
  5. TerryS

    2018 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?

    well, my re-scheduled left TKR is scheduled now for April 16. :yes!: a nice (?) birthday present (4/7) I guess. Finally got everything checked and the clearances needed. My apartment is all set and ready for when I return home, now just have to wait. I also found out (even though I suspected...
  6. TerryS

    surgery delayed

    the day after I met with my Primary I got a call from the VA saying I needed to schedule a stress test, an Echo, and a Cardiologist consultation. This is 20 days out from my planned surgery. I had the echo done last Friday, the stress test is next Monday, but the earliest date I could get in...
  7. TerryS

    Bilateral TKR .. resulting in a stroke

    first thing you have to get in your head is....you are not a stroke victim, you are a stroke survivor! I have had 3 minor strokes since June 2014. You have a positive attitude and that is a start. My first 2 strokes happened on back-to-back days and after I was out of the hospital (3 days) I...
  8. TerryS

    Apprehension as date approaches!

    Good Luck JG! I can't wait for my turn. Then this time next year (hopefully) I get to do it all over for the right other knee. :ice:
  9. TerryS

    what to expect (generally)

    yes, I just now realized what I did. sorry. :banghead:
  10. TerryS

    what to expect (generally)

    my TKR (left) is on March 19 and I was wondering what I can expect while in the hospital after the surgery generally speaking. I realize not all hospitals/experiences are the same. I would just like to get a bit of an idea. Thanks.:bath:
  11. TerryS

    2018 March Musketeers - Are you having knee surgery in March?

    I am sooooo giddy now that I am a Musketeer! :wowspring::giggle:
  12. TerryS

    Handicap Placard

    ty y'all the "big day" is 3/19 :kayak:
  13. TerryS

    Handicap Placard

    I have Left TKR coming up in March. Does anyone know if it is possible to get a temporary handicap placard for your car? And what the process is.
  14. TerryS

    2018 March Musketeers - Are you having knee surgery in March?

    A newcomer here. I have my knee replacement surgery on march 19. Have been trying to get this done for close to 4 years now. The right one needs replaced too. Am anxious but a bit nervous too. I live alone and my the Dr. said I won't be able to come home unless I have someone who can be...
Back
Top Bottom