Recent content by TerryB1956

  1. T

    TKR Celle's Left TKR

    Wishing you continued success in recovery, Celle. My left TKR was mid September, and we are quite in synch. Very sorry to hear of the loss of your friend, and the sad aftermath. Have experienced same (if these can ever truly be the same) and know the pain, confusion and anger. Wishing you and...
  2. T

    Bilateral TKR 1 year check-in

    Hi. You are doing well --- best of luck! I hope my story will be helpful. I had my left TKR on 15 September and am recovering well. Mostly a lurker here, but a big fan of Bonesmart and very grateful for the posts and support - I learn so much from others. Today, though, I feel I have...
  3. T

    TKR The Journey on the Other Side Begins

    Great way to start! You'll rock it. Wishing you well. 15 Sept 2014 LTKR
  4. T

    TKR Is it all really worth it? One Year update.

    I am four weeks post op (LTKR), and doing well. I credit the advice from this forum and the skills of Dr Charles Cornell and his team at HHS. If you have a chance to consider HHS, please give it some thought. Best of luck! 15 Sept 2014 LTKR
  5. T

    Bilateral TKR weak muscles<

    Good luck! You're almost there. See you on the other side. 15 Sept 2014 LTKR
  6. T

    TKR Several Concerns

    Sorry - got my lefts and rights confused in that post. Also wanted to mention that the bruising you described is how mine started (localized around the knee)...and eventually spread wide and far and ugly :) Wishing you pain and stress relief. 15 Sept 2014 LTKR
  7. T

    TKR Several Concerns

    I had right TKR on 15 September - have learned from that, as well as this forum. It seems that at just three days post op - you should not expect to do much (like walk more than a very little, if you are up to it at all) on this knee. Perhaps you could do more early on with the first knee...
  8. T

    Knee Infection July 16 - had a revision due to infection

    Good luck! Wishing you well, and looking forward to updates. 15 Sept 2014 LTKR
  9. T

    TKR Is it all really worth it? One Year update.

    Doh! LEFT TKR..will do the right in the spring. 15 Sept 2014 LTKR
  10. T

    TKR Is it all really worth it? One Year update.

    Wishing you well, iceguy. What a tough row you have had to hoe. Am very happy with HSS - two weeks past surgery (right TKR). My surgeon is Dr Charles Cornell. Took the ferry across Sandy Hook Bay and up to the city on day of the surgery. Sure hope you find some relief and a new direction. 15...
  11. T

    TKR When will it get better?

    Good advice here, coolc. Ramp up the ice and elevation (especially helpful after you have done some walking or other activity). The gentle approach to PT (less strain, more long term reward) especially in early weeks has been helpful to many. I'm to weeks post surgery, and have had a few bad...
  12. T

    TKR My Husband - 2 days post LTKR

    I like the BoneSmart perspective when it comes to ROM - just a number, go slow - but the competitive with myself part of me likes having performance against a measure. Cant help it! My ROM on the CPM was at a hundred by time of discharge, and up to 110 today (on machine at home). That said, my...
  13. T

    TKR My Husband - 2 days post LTKR

    Hi. I had my LTKR at Hospital for Special Surgery on 9.15.2014, and I, too, experienced the buckle. PT staff were reassuring, and - as it turned out - correct about the buckle, in that it was to be expected, I was to be careful, and with strength, time and confidence, it would cease. Since...
Back
Top Bottom