@Shmi47 Hi thought I would say hi. Wow you are so young and brave to have had both done together. I wish I could have had at least one done at that age but here in Aussie it's normally a big no no they won't touch you until your about 60 or so.
One day I walked into the docs and said I can't take this anymore I cannot walk long or far and they are killing me and that was it he said which one you want done first I nearly fell of the table finally someone was going to do it.
I have had a lot of what you have had the cold I don't like it either but I also have hot flushes all the time and when it's hot here I don't like it much I can't sleep real good at night my knees ache or hurt when I lay in one spot to long I was also comparing myself with everyone else and the nurse told me to stop beetling myself up I am me and not them and we all heel differently.
I haven't been very fit for a long time due to the arthritis and am finding it hard to be now but just keep hoping it will come just as it went while having bad knees. A lot of those people who do make a quick recovery in the first few weeks seem to hit a bit of a wall also so I think this is why we need to listen to what we are told on here by the experts.
I could never get the meds thing right I still don't really I take panadine which is panadole and codine I still have some endone but trying to get more is to hard. I have oxy 5ml slow release but forget to take it at night until I wake up in a little pain.
I still get swollen if I've done to much like walked up and down about 40 steps last weeks by Friday I was so tired and swollen then hubby wanted to go to the races as it's our racing season. I just did not feel like it as there was lots of walking.
I still get stiff and sore at night. But try to find ways to deal with it as my right knee keeps letting me no what it was like before.
Just remember you have gone through a very Hugh op not only one but both and it doesn't matter how you are with pain tolerance and don't feel guilty about that just make sure that is all under control as the experts have said. We all deal with pain differently just like people who could never do 2 knees at one like me I don't think I could.
I hope you keep feeling better and remember 2 steps forward one step back.
Julie