Recent content by tcdc135

  1. T

    THR tcdc135's Hip Recovery Thread

    Just an update. Had an appt yesterday with the surgeon. I am still on the walker (3 months). I have tried going to the cane for a few hours, not good. Pain in the groin returns at 7/10ish and takes several days on the walker to calm it back down. I did get a 2nd injection into the iliopsoas...
  2. T

    THR tcdc135's Hip Recovery Thread

    I am not a patient patient! The 6 wks of no weight bearing was tough...so boring! I am at 8 weeks now, still on my walker. Having a problem with iliopsoas tendonitis. I did the 2 rounds of oral prednisone (medrol) and it did not help. This morning I went in for an injection and am praying it...
  3. T

    THR tcdc135's Hip Recovery Thread

    Thanks Layla! Finally home! So, was worse than what was expected. The acetabulum was VERY soft...surgeon said like butter...had to use 5 screws to anchor it and I am toe touch only with a walker for 6 wks. Hopefully this will allow the bone to grow and solidify the cup. Had to get CT to double...
  4. T

    2023 September Sapphires - Are you having hip surgery in September?

    I'm back!! Here we go again, R TKR in 2017, L THR in 2019 and I am now scheduled Sept 28, 2023 for a R THR.:wave:Ready to be done with the pain, but not ready for all that goes along with it! Just re-read quite a bit on the recovery as a refresher! I did not do any formal PT with either my knee...
  5. T

    THR tcdc135's Hip Recovery Thread

    Sorry Layla! I thought I posted a reply!? But I can’t find it! I did call my Dr and moved up my appt. I also requested an XRay. The xray showed my implant had dropped/shifted a tiny bit down further into my femur, but he said not uncommon and it appeared stable now. If I still had problems I was...
  6. T

    THR tcdc135's Hip Recovery Thread

    Thanks for moving me! I was back after my replacement, mainly reading, not posting much. Thank you for the guidelines!
  7. T

    THR tcdc135's Hip Recovery Thread

    Sooooo.....I am partly venting,and probably just being impatient....but anybody at almost 6 mos PO ( L ant THR) and have groin pain (sharp 7/10)? Enough that I limp quite often. I did great after surgery and went back to light work at 2 wks. (With permission from OS and PT) The only time I have...
  8. T

    THR The fun part

    @Bone-obo Will let you know! Yes, lots of good areas to ride! I am off work this afternoon and am going to install a set of helping handles, it’s a long ways down there without them! And back up! Tail winds!
  9. T

    THR The fun part

    What a wonderful read! Great to read you are doing so great @Bone-obo! I also ride a trike (ICE) and have a 3 wk old hip, very encouraging! Thanks for sharing your experience!
  10. T

    THR tcdc135's Hip Recovery Thread

    Hi Layla! Thank you I am 5 days po! Doing good. 1 night in hospital, then home. Walker for 2days and now a cane. You all were right...hips are SO much easier than knees! So far! My only issue is constipation from the opioids. Good Lord please just let me poop!! I am taking the colace and a few...
  11. T

    We can rebuild him. We have the technology

    Good luck tomorrow! Have enjoyed reading this thread and will watch for you on the other side! 42 days and counting
  12. T

    tcdc135 - Got a new knee, need a new hip

    Thanks guys! Would do it tomorrow, but got a cortisone injection feb 20 and now my surgeon says i need to wait 90 days after my injection... (infection risk goes up?)...so i have 47 days to go!! Had i known about the 90 days i would not have gotten it! Thanks!!
  13. T

    tcdc135 - Got a new knee, need a new hip

    Just curious....and yes, I realize we are all different as are all replacements. But, in general if you have had a TKR and a THR, was the THR noticeably easier? Mentally, I am trying to get prepared for my upcoming THR. So tired of the pain, crutches and limitations already, and have 47 more...
  14. T

    tcdc135 - Got a new knee, need a new hip

    Thank you Josephine!! Your post was just in time! I rode the struggle bus all night....am going to try the 1st schedule of every 4 hours. I am having a hard time getting to 6 hours. The last hour I am miserable, and the waiting for it to kick in sucks! I was going to try changing (1 of ea)...
  15. T

    2019 May Marvels - Are you having hip surgery in May?

    Hi bottomshollow and all the other May Marvels! Please add me to the list! May 21! I don’t ever want to wish time away.....but come on May! I do have a thread started in the pre-op area. Thanks!
Back
Top Bottom