BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community
  1. RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Dismiss Notice

2019 May Marvels - Are you having hip surgery in May?

Discussion in 'Hip Replacement Pre-Op Area' started by bottomshollow, Feb 1, 2019.

1. bottomshollow

bottomshollow ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

United States United States
    [​IMG]

Are you having surgery in the month of May? Welcome to the May Marvels....a team just for you with others that will be having surgery and recovery right along with you. Give us your surgery date and maybe a few facts about yourself and we'll get you on the list. As the month goes by, the list will grow and maybe you'll find a few folks to partner up with for recovery.

Please join the team and help support your fellow BoneSmarties through the lead-up to the Big Day and the recovery afterwards!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. bottomshollow

Welcome to our latest and all May Marvels!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement.

We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own.To start a new thread, hover your mouse over "Hip" on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu.Click on either the "Pre Op" forum. On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

01 May 2019 LAbabymama
    03 May 2019 jwadds (bilateral)
    07 May 2019 trenna, slow
    09 May 2019 kadu13
    14 May 2019 SEA
    21 May 2019 tcdc135
    23 May 2019 CPH
    28 May 2019 gertie, CafeFan18

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. tcdc135

tcdc135 junior member

Hi bottomshollow and all the other May Marvels! Please add me to the list! May 21! I don’t ever want to wish time away.....but come on May! I do have a thread started in the pre-op area. Thanks!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. bottomshollow

may 1.jpg @tcdc135, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here.

We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. kadu13

kadu13 new member

Hi there, I am having my hip replacement surgery on May 9th. Thanks for adding me to the list! :)

• Like Like x 3
  6. gertie

gertie graduate

Add me to the list for May 28th. I have a thread in pre-op area. This is my 4th joint replacement, 2nd THR.

• Like Like x 3
  7. bottomshollow

may 3.jpg @gertie , you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. trenna

trenna junior member

Canada Canada
    Hi again I have my right hip replacement on May 7. A mere 12 weeks after my left hip.

• Like Like x 3
  9. LAbabymama

LAbabymama member

I’m scheduled for a LHR on May 1st. Nervous about tackling recovery with a 4-year-old and 9-month-old. Glad to have discovered this forum! I’ve already learned a lot...

• Like Like x 2
  10. bottomshollow

may 4.jpg @kadu13, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. bottomshollow

may 5.jpg @trenna, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. bottomshollow

may 6.jpg @LAbabymama, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

• Like Like x 2
  13. slow

slow new member

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello I am booked in for second hip replacement - left this time 7th May. Was life changing for me having the first one but feeling uncommonly nervous about the next one.
    Help

• Like Like x 3
  14. bottomshollow

may 8.jpg @slow, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. CafeFan18

CafeFan18 new member

I am scheduled for a right THR on May 28. I have AVN from a fracture (Dec. '16) when I had three pins put in. I'm very nervous because I'm having the surgery at a point where my hip is only crummy, not horrendous. So I keep wondering if I should wait. But things are supposed to only get worse from here, so I'm going ahead with it. I have a thread in pre-op area.

• Like Like x 1
  16. jwadds

jwadds member

Canada Canada
    Bilateral THR May 3.... a bit nervous about doing both at the same time, but both are so bad I really don't have a choice.

• Like Like x 1
  17. bottomshollow

may avatar 10.jpg @CafeFan18, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

18. bottomshollow

may 86.jpg @jwadds, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

19. CPH

CPH junior member

THR on Right hip scheduled for May 23,2019. OMG..5 weeks from from today!!!

• Like Like x 2
  20. bottomshollow

may 14.jpg @CPH , you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!