Recent content by tazzy13

  1. T

    THR Please tell me this gets better

    I used my cane to help lift my leg onto the bed. Worked great for me. Best of luck with your recovery.
  2. T

    Possible hip surgery needed

    Most doctors I know would rather look at the x-rays them self and not be told what is there, my report came back not bad when he looked at them I couldn’t believe how many things he said was going on inside,but for now I am going to try the injection and see how that goes, it’s the only real...
  3. T

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Day 2 Post op total reverse

    It is unreal how much difference there is between a regular and reverse replacement on therapy and restrictions I think the reverse was much easier for recovery, wishing you the best of luck and success. Just don’t go overboard.
  4. T

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement second replacement questions

    @straitsview ,I have a regular replacement on my right shoulder, a regular on left then revision to a reverse replacement on the left. I’ve had a faster and less painful recovery on the reverse than the reg. Good luck.
  5. T

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Numbness and tingling in my hand after surgery.

    When I had a massage I know it made me more sore, so I went to the heating pad and made sure it was just in that area, I used moist heat. Best of luck.
  6. T

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement What a Mess!!

    Sure hope they can find out what the problem is and fix it. Best of luck fingers crossed for good news. Take care and keep us updated.
  7. T

    Standard Shoulder Replacement tazzy13's Recovery Thread

    @Lexus05 , went back for my 2 week checkup and she ordered a ct will get that done Wednesday and follow up next Monday, stay in sling non weight bearing and Tylenol and ice as needed. Thanks.
  8. T

    Standard Shoulder Replacement tazzy13's Recovery Thread

    @SaraK ,Well, almost 3 months out and back in a sling, clavicle stress fracture, stopped therapy, ice and sling, follow up in 2 weeks for recheck. Other than that I was doing great. Now just resting it and go from there.
  9. T

    Standard Shoulder Replacement tazzy13's Recovery Thread

    @SaraK , Doctor gave me the green light to drive, she said the amount of work she had to do is why the biceps is aggravated and should settle down, she doesn’t want me to do any strengthening or behind the back till I’m 12 weeks out. Still lifting no more than 1.5 lbs. but at least I can drive...
  10. T

    Standard Shoulder Replacement tazzy13's Recovery Thread

    Well things have taken a slight turn, I’m now having pain in my biceps muscle into my elbow, not sure what is going on. Will see the Doctor on Monday and see what she thinks is going on, the only thing I’m afraid of is that she won’t let me start driving again, really hate relying on others to...
  11. T

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement What a Mess!!

    Hugs to you and wishes that you get some relief soon. Decorations are overrated lol only because I’m not doing much myself this year from my revision surgery last month, if the family doesn’t understand then that’s on them. Try and enjoy your Holidays. Take care and stay safe.
  12. T

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement What a Mess!!

    So sorry you are going through so much, I got lucky with my revision on November 3rd as my stem was solid and she didn’t need to remove it. Ice,Ice and rest is the best for now, it will be a more involved healing process I wish you all the best and hope you can find some comfort soon. Take care...
  13. T

    Standard Shoulder Replacement tazzy13's Recovery Thread

    4 weeks out, and things are going well, started therapy and they are mostly happy with my range of motion, he added a few new exercises and I can gently do my pulley now. Still using ice when I need to, mostly after therapy . I now have a different issue I need to get checked out, thankfully it...
  14. T

    Standard Shoulder Replacement tazzy13's Recovery Thread

    If you could redo my info that would be great, didn’t have a right shoulder revision in march of 2021, was in the hospital for a bowel obstruction. Shoulder settled down, Had a left shoulder replacement in May of 2022, then rotator repair with a revision to a reverse on November 3rd of 2022...
Back
Top Bottom