Recent content by TangoGunn

  1. TangoGunn

    Bilateral THR Husband of a late-August BTHR, looking for support.

    Hi gang! (It's the husband, Tom, again). Today starts the 9th week, post-op for Cristina. We made it from Nashville to Virginia Beach and back again. Like many of you suggested, we made frequent stops in-between to stretch the legs. But all-in-all, a very successful trip. Mission...
  2. TangoGunn

    Bilateral THR Husband of a late-August BTHR, looking for support.

    Hi gang! (It's the husband, Tom, again). Today was the 1st day of the 6th week, since Cristina's surgery (8/27/2019). One week ago, on a whim, I pulled into an Academy Sports, and picked out a couple of aluminum hiking poles, with the snow-ski-type grips. It took Christina about a day to get...
  3. TangoGunn

    Bilateral THR Husband of a late-August BTHR, looking for support.

    Hi guys... this is the husband, Tom, checking in again... How many days do you go with the ice? Today is the 14th full day since Post-Op. We've been iced down, more or less, continuously (reality is more like iced until she gets up again (which could be a few hours), then re-ice. But I'm...
  4. TangoGunn

    Bilateral THR Husband of a late-August BTHR, looking for support.

    Happy weekend everyone and once again many thanks for being here with advise and information... And support...Today is day 12, very hard to believe so much time passed by already. Made some progress, it is not moving fast enough, I assume I need to learn to be patient. Tom and I decided on a...
  5. TangoGunn

    Bilateral THR Husband of a late-August BTHR, looking for support.

    Hello everyone, you are right, it should be me writing, Tom is great and tries to help me as much as possible...as you know already, I made it back home Friday and it has been tough. The pain is there, I am not screaming yet, I wish everything was easier... when I left the hospital, the...
  6. TangoGunn

    Bilateral THR Husband of a late-August BTHR, looking for support.

    As a recap - My wife, Cristina is a 60 year old gym-rat female; 5'0", 124 lbs - who had a simultaneous Bilateral Total Hip Replacement (BTHR), (due to a battle with Osteoarthritis from the past 3-5 years) this past Tuesday, 8/27. Both of her points of entry were from the front (anterior). She...
  7. TangoGunn

    Husband of a late-August BTHR, looking for support.

    Thanks for everything, gang. We've done all we can do up to this point. My wife's rented electric bed arrived today, and I set it up, and so it's ready to go, dressed, adjusted, taken for a test drive, etc. We're supposed to check in at 6am for a 9am surgery, tomorrow. I can't thank you all...
  8. TangoGunn

    Husband of a late-August BTHR, looking for support.

    We haven't been told anything, just yet, but I've still got a 50 page book to get through with lots more info. Thanks for the precaution. The wall is very close to the toilet, but I'm going to really focus on the 90 degree breech and see what it looks like. Thanks for the tip.
  9. TangoGunn

    Husband of a late-August BTHR, looking for support.

    We're now 5 days out from Surgery (Tuesday Morning, 8/27). It's been a little frantic. 2 days ago, we went to our pre-op class and got lots of material, instructions, questions answered, etc. We left from there, and rented our Fully Electric Bed which will be delivered on Monday; 1 day...
  10. TangoGunn

    Husband of a late-August BTHR, looking for support.

    One final question for the day: I see several people on here have their own "recovery story" threads going. Is that something we are expected to keep?... is this a sort of "running-journal?" Something we can offer the next group or individuals? What is expected here, please?
  11. TangoGunn

    Husband of a late-August BTHR, looking for support.

    Our current plan is to have the rented fully electric bed in the basement (which is no-stairs - straight in from garage) for the first week-10days (her call). There's a toilet in the basement but no shower). The plan continues that once she can manage the front steps to the house say 3-4 times...
  12. TangoGunn

    Husband of a late-August BTHR, looking for support.

    We do have a large walk-in shower in the master b/r. But see?... reading all of these really great posts has me thinking that I might want to replace the existing shower head which is up high, with a wand-type spray head, that will allow her to more precisely put the water where she wants it...
  13. TangoGunn

    2019 August Hotshots - Are you having hip surgery in August?

    can you please add my wife (TangoGunn) to the August HotShots list, bottomshollow ? She's set for a BTHR on August 27
  14. TangoGunn

    Husband of a late-August BTHR, looking for support.

    Thanks for checking in, julesglass (and everyone else) - I'm still not sure how this BB works, in that I'm unsure if everyone can see everything I post, etc... I assume everyone can see everything. We took a trip to the local medical equipment rental place, here in town, yesterday - that was...
  15. TangoGunn

    Husband of a late-August BTHR, looking for support.

    Got time for a strange question: How long before my wife should be driving herself around in her car? Is that months after? Weeks after? I have no sense of the recover times involved (ohh and every one of these responses has been super helpful, I'm just clumsy on the builten board format. I'm...
Back
Top Bottom