DEL2019Sep-7
member
- Joined
- Mar 23, 2013
- Messages
- 113
Aloha Cristina and Tom...what a special couple you are. Tom, I can't say enough about how incredible it is that you are posting here, reaching out, asking for suggestions, etc. Again...pretty super special.
Cristina, I reiterate what many are saying, take it easy with the exercises. Sometimes less is more. When I had my knee done in 2011, the protocol (not sure if it still is the protocol) was bend, twist, stretch, push the heck out of the knee to break up scar tissue, etc. Well, today 8 years later, I'm still having some major issues, much of what I think came from too aggressive PT. The hip, of course, is a very different kind of joint. Nonetheless, you are still very early on in your recovery (BTW, we had our surgeries on the same day!). Just moving up and down from bed/chair, walking to another room, doing dishes, brushing teeth, going to bathroom, etc. is really all our body needs to do as it has been majorly assaulted, and the tissues need time to heal. When I tried to do what they advised me to do at hospital, I found that my body just wasn't ready. It would revolt with severe spasms, etc. So I stopped and waited til when I felt my muscles were ready for something new, without the revolt. Listen. You have a very wise body/mind connection. That's MY story. You will create your own.
A big hug to you two! It will get better, one second, one day, one month at a time. We're here to support you in any way we can. Malama pono...

Cristina, I reiterate what many are saying, take it easy with the exercises. Sometimes less is more. When I had my knee done in 2011, the protocol (not sure if it still is the protocol) was bend, twist, stretch, push the heck out of the knee to break up scar tissue, etc. Well, today 8 years later, I'm still having some major issues, much of what I think came from too aggressive PT. The hip, of course, is a very different kind of joint. Nonetheless, you are still very early on in your recovery (BTW, we had our surgeries on the same day!). Just moving up and down from bed/chair, walking to another room, doing dishes, brushing teeth, going to bathroom, etc. is really all our body needs to do as it has been majorly assaulted, and the tissues need time to heal. When I tried to do what they advised me to do at hospital, I found that my body just wasn't ready. It would revolt with severe spasms, etc. So I stopped and waited til when I felt my muscles were ready for something new, without the revolt. Listen. You have a very wise body/mind connection. That's MY story. You will create your own.
A big hug to you two! It will get better, one second, one day, one month at a time. We're here to support you in any way we can. Malama pono...


United States

Cristina and Tom.
Great to hear Cristina is doing well.
sensations comes out of the blue...even when you're tough!