Recent content by tallguy79

  1. T

    THR Tallguy79 recovery<

    Not much has changed. I have continued having problems with chronic pain. I can't walk very far without a big increase in pain that can last several days so I have to take it easy. I can't do any full time job but can't get SS disability so it's tough. I am doing occasional contract work and gig...
  2. T

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Hip Pinning Recovery Advice

    I also had a displaced fracture of the femoral neck followed by AVN and a THR. I was 37 and 38 so not as young as you but quite young for a THR. My doctor said no running, jumping or any other movements that cause impact greater than walking as that would greatly reduce the lifespan of the...
  3. T

    THR Tallguy79 recovery<

    The two year anniversary is definitely better than the one year. I still have pain from walking more than about 30 minutes and I don't think that's going to go away. I do however finally feel good enough to get back on my bike. After 3.5 years with it in my garage I finally got out this month. I...
  4. T

    THR Tallguy79 recovery<

    I am planning to clinical research studies while I go to school part time for an Associates Degree. I just got registered for my classes yesterday for the Spring semester. I am hopfully getting into a study on Monday so that will be a good start to the year as far as income. Hip is same, hurts...
  5. T

    THR Tallguy79 recovery<

    The leg was more sore than I thought it would be in a sedentary job. When sitting for long periods of time I have extra pain in the upper thigh as well as the upper hamstring. I don't think the pain is from the hip joint, it's from the tendons and muscles around the hip area. It is chronic pain...
  6. T

    THR Tallguy79 recovery<

    Hi @Layla They turned down my stand up desk because my doctor didn't give specifics as to why I needed the desk. On Thursday I was in the break room talking to a co-worker about how I hate my job. I said that I was too stressed out about the unrealistic expectations and that I wasn't going to...
  7. T

    THR Tallguy79 recovery<

    @Layla I stopped at my doctors office on the way home from work and got a note giving me a stand up desk for work. It may take a couple weeks for the proces to run its course. That way I can alternate between standing and sitting and do whichever causes the least pain at any given time. Too much...
  8. T

    THR Tallguy79 recovery<

    @Dhall Yes it was a work comp injury. I am getting a monthly payment based on my permanent partial disability(PPD) rating. I will get this monthly payment for a total of almost 4 years. Nothing after that except continued coverage of qualifying medical costs for up to 6 years. My employer was...
  9. T

    THR Tallguy79 recovery<

    I have had an increase in pain on the back of the hip presumably from sitting for hours at a time on a fairly cheap office chair. Not as painful as the pain from walking too much but more pain than I was expecting from office work. I hope this doesn't get any worse. @Layla
  10. T

    THR Tallguy79 recovery<

    @Layla My cough was minimal but getting worse. Everyone in my section had a cold to differing degrees. When you have so many people in such a small space, once one gets sick they all get sick. Washing hands, hand sanitizer only go so far. It's just inevitable.
  11. T

    THR Tallguy79 recovery<

    The good news is I passed the test and completed the initial training. This upcoming week I continue my training at my new desk. I work with a mentor to train on the phones. Unfortunately I woke up Saturday with a cold and it was worse this morning. Looks like I will be talking all day with a...
  12. T

    THR Tallguy79 recovery<

    @Layla The job is not looking promising right now. On Oct 18th, the end of the second week of training, I have to take a test. If I fail the test my employment is terminated. Minimum passing score is 85%. Passing does not seem likely at the moment. It is certainly less physical than my previous...
  13. T

    THR Tallguy79 recovery<

    @Layla I found someone willing to hire me for an entry level office job. It is a call center which is probably not a great fit for me since i'm an introvert but it's a start. I start on Oct 7th for 2-3 weeks of training. It will be normal office hours and I will be seated nearly the whole shift...
  14. T

    THR Tallguy79 recovery<

    @Layla I just got terminated from my employer because my permanent restrictions prohibit me from doing my job duties and they have no other work for me. I knew this was coming but it's a little unsettling. Now I have to start looking for an office job with no office experience. Bummer.
  15. T

    THR Tallguy79 recovery<

    @Layla I had my final follow up with the surgeon yesterday. He gave me a 50% permanent disability and I am limited to an 8 hour max shift with max of 33% in a standing position. Max 35 pounds lifting. Seems reasonable as long as the 33% isn't all at once. When I brought the note into HR, they...
Back
Top Bottom