Recent content by Suzette

  1. Suzette

    TKR Week 20 update...all good and getting better

    Hi brilliant you are doing so well. I cant believe where the time has gone, my knee is great, I too have the ligament/tendon twinges. But few and far between. My chiropractor was very good at putting her finger on the sensitive spot without me saying a word. I was quite impressed, even more...
  2. Suzette

    TKR New left knee

    Hi @lalo so good to hear from you. I am glad you are doing ok, have retired and now look after the grand children, do they tire you out !! I baby sat for a few hours and i was shattered! Bad about the driving though. I hummed and harred about changing my car back to gears, but decided to stick...
  3. Suzette

    TKR New left knee

    Hi everyone... Knee update...I am now 6 months post op. I had one mishap about a month ago where I put my foot down a hole and fell forward bending my new knee to places it hadn't been in a while!! That hurt. But other than some pain from stretching scar tissue, muscles and tendons I was ok...
  4. Suzette

    PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

    Hi jockette...just catching up as so busy with work I don't seem to have time to remember to do anything i used to!! I have knobbly bits around my knee that move ..Like hard balls. Not sure if that scar tissue.. they do hurt if I press on them and they are very weird when you see them move...
  5. Suzette

    TKR New left knee

    Oh I do hope you knee starts to improve for you now the weather is getting warmer. I am so sorry your surgeon wasnt forth coming with anything useful. But as you say you are free to move on now for another opinion when you are ready. My hip surgeon was more interested in pointing my new hips...
  6. Suzette

    TKR New left knee

    @Josephine you asked ages ago how I got on when seeing the hip surgeon. So I have now seen the him, after complaining about being told to live with the constant hip pain and that no further treatment would be available, including steroid injections. He confirmed I had greater trochanteric...
  7. Suzette

    TKR New left knee

    Thanks @Jockette . I need to catch up with your posts :) I hope you are doing ok.
  8. Suzette

    TKR New left knee

    Hi Sorry I havent been here for ages. Work just seems to take over everything.. So it's now week 18. I have very little pain in my knee just the occasional twinge and stiffness. There does seem to be puffiness above and below, not sure if that's a permanent thing or not. The lateral pain has...
  9. Suzette

    TKR How long before pain stops

    Hi I too was in a lot of deep throbbing pain at 2 weeks. It did come as a bit of a shock, as at 2 weeks it felt more painful than in the first week. I was taking tramadol 2 every 6 hours. I did move over to cocodamol 2 every 6 hours and at times I was also taking oromorph, under the guidance of...
  10. Suzette

    TKR New left knee

    Today I actually took the dog for a walk for the first time since my new knee. It didn't hurt at all and still doesn't. I was scared to go out on my own with the dog incase I couldn't do it. I think I had built up this fear as the last time I did it with the bad knee, I was in agony and...
  11. Suzette

    TKR New left knee

    Hi thanks @SusieShoes that's really helpful. I will find out if kneeling would be appropriate on my implant. I can kneel on the bed too. But I went to kneel to pick something up that had rolled under the chair!! Not a good idea. I will invest in one of those soft kneeling pads too just in...
  12. Suzette

    TKR New left knee

    I have a question...having just nearly knelt down on my TKR, which reminded me very quickly ..not to do That!!! Will I ever be able to kneel on my new knee? Also what is actually causing the very sharp pain if the back if the knee cap is 'plastic' and the joint is metal. Is it all the soft...
  13. Suzette

    TKR New left knee

    Thanks @Jockette I do hope you get to the bottom of your knee problems soon x
  14. Suzette

    TKR New left knee

    I was glad I did get in the garden the weekend...its been cold and raining since! So far knee has been great and actually seems a little looser and more bendy! My back ached a little yesterday but that was probably sitting at my desk too long! I am looking forward to seeing my chiropractor...
  15. Suzette

    TKR New left knee

    I had my acupuncture in my lower back and some gentle bone realignment at my chiropractors 2 days ago. Didn't get the massage but can't have everything. My lower back did feel looser and warm. In fact I haven't had lower bsck ache since then . I return again next week for another session. The...
Back
Top Bottom