Recent content by susanlanc

  1. S

    Hip Infection Recovered from THR x 2 on both sides - now new pain

    Ohy my goodness clodaghcov! I do feel for you. I wonder what causes infection after all those years? That's what I'm afraid of. It came about so suddenly for me, so it's just always in the back of my mind. I guess patience is the key to surviving all this. Unfortunately, that's not one of...
  2. S

    Hip Infection Recovered from THR x 2 on both sides - now new pain

    After having had two hip replacements on both sides, I had to have a total hip revision on the left due to infection and 4 months later a replacement. After, what seemed like an eternity, I was walking 3 or more miles several times a week. It's now 2 years later and I'm experiencing groin and...
  3. S

    Hip Infection Recovered from THR x 2 on both sides - now new pain

    Thanks everyone. I feel much more confident I'll be fine.
  4. S

    Hip Infection Recovered from THR x 2 on both sides - now new pain

    @Jaycey, I fell on the ground and once I got up, I continued to work in the yard. I know, I know, I should have gone in and iced it. Maybe one day I'll learn! I think I'll give it a few more days more before I call the doctor. He's 1.5 hours away and I just hate to go there if it's nothing...
  5. S

    Hip Infection Recovered from THR x 2 on both sides - now new pain

    Thanks @Krista. I sure hope that's all it is. I'm sure your pain will get better. If you just had your surgery in January, you still have some recovering to do. Take care!
  6. S

    Hip Infection Recovered from THR x 2 on both sides - now new pain

    After both hip replacements 2 years ago, then revisions on both last year, then infection in left, spacer, allergic reaction to antibiotics and in November 2015 had spacer replaced with another hip replaced, i was finally on road to recovery. Everything was going really well with only issues...
  7. S

    Revision THR Other side of hip revision--SWELLING

    I'm now 9 weeks since my last revision and you're right. It's definitely harder than the a regular replacement. I still have to limit my excercise and that's hard. I pushed it too much at first but finally realized it was better to listen to the doctor and physical therapist. Hope everything...
  8. S

    Hip Infection Recovered from THR x 2 on both sides - now new pain

    Is it normal to have some groin pain when I walk with walker? Thank you.
  9. S

    Hip Infection Recovered from THR x 2 on both sides - now new pain

    Originally, I had my right THR in March 2013 and left THR performed in December 2013. Very easy recovery but by July 2014 I started experiencing thigh muscle pain. Ortho said hips looked good so I started making rounds of several different types of doctors with no results. Finally went back...
  10. S

    Hip Infection Recovered from THR x 2 on both sides - now new pain

    Hi, I just realized you had responded. I just got aspiration results from doctor today. I have infection in both hips. I'm pretty overwhelmed right now but dr is recommending replacements on both within 4 weeks of each other and IV antibiotics. Before that's done, he wants me to see an...
  11. S

    Hip Infection Recovered from THR x 2 on both sides - now new pain

    had RTHR in March 2013 and recovery was great. Had LTHR in Dec 2013 and recovery was a little slower. Attributed to winter and not able to get outside to walk as much as I needed. About 6 months after LTHR started having thigh pain and now have sharp pains in both groins periodically. Went to...
  12. S

    Hip Infection Recovered from THR x 2 on both sides - now new pain

    Had right THR in March 2013 and recovery was great. December 4, 2013 I had a left THR. I noticed after a couple of weeks that sometimes going up an incline or steps I could feel like a pop or something slip on my hip. It's like an elastic band slipping and it causes a slight weakness in that...
  13. S

    Worried my hip replaced in March will suffer when I have surgery for other

    I'm scheduled for LTHR on Dec 4th and had RTHR in March 2013. Will my lack of activity for next few weeks make my right hip get stiff? I've been very good about walking (and a little jogging) and afraid it will stiffen with limited mobility. Anyone know?
  14. S

    2013 December SuperNovas - Are you having hip surgery in December?

    I'm having LTHR on the 4th and had RTHR in March 2013. More nervous this time than last!
  15. S

    Hip Infection Recovered from THR x 2 on both sides - now new pain

    Well, you really nailed it. I guess I need to back up a bit. I just realized a few weeks ago that I felt normal again, and I guess I have overdone it. Thank you so much for providing some much-needed advice.
Back
Top Bottom