Recent content by Sunny girl

  1. S

    THR Wozzie's Hip Upgrade

    Oh Wozzie, Feeling it here in QLD too, with high humidity to add into the mix! Going troppo here. I don't remember it being this hot for such a protracted period before. Longing for a great big thunderstorm. But the upside of this heat is the enforced resting for you - this can only be a good...
  2. S

    Bilateral THR LarryNYC's Recovery Journey

    Very inspiring @LarryNYC, especially ... This is what I can't wait for!! And to have achieved this so early is just fantastic. Well done LarryNYC. What an incredible sense of freedom and strength you paint. Speed, yes - my steps are half (or less) what they used to be - but I am coping with a...
  3. S

    THR Shiny new hip installed

    Fantastic @thx11384eb. Continue to take things very carefully. As we start to feel amazing for the first time in years, we can tend to overdo things very easily, or inadvertently take risks by not being mindful (I am one example!)
  4. S

    THR Tweetybrd's new hip!!

    That lifting of OA pain is nothing short of miraculous. Pain affects everything we do, think and say. So good you are smiling again @Tweetybrd . You ARE a rockstar, in more ways than one (awesome to everyone here).
  5. S

    THR Wozzie's Hip Upgrade

    Hi @Jaycey and @leejaa, thanks for your input. Hope Wozzie is okay with us taking over the thread :) And congratulations on your surgery Leejaa. Yes, everybody is unique in their recovery, and I'm so glad yours is going well. May the weeks bring continuing health and wellbeing. It's so...
  6. S

    Back again for RTHR - Mako robotic THR anyone?

    Hi @Itzdor - just wondering, did you get my reply to you on your previous post? You asked a similar question if I remember, about Mako.
  7. S

    mlsread January 2017

    Good on you @mlsread. So pleased all went well for you. Any pain, you just let those nurses know immediately - keep on top of it. Rest well.
  8. S

    THR Shiny new hip installed

    Yowser!! A nightmare of a hip @thx11384eb What an improvement now. No wonder your gait was off. Good to hear you're now gently working on this.
  9. S

    Wednesday's the day....having doubts

    Honestly @Turtle, the waiting for surgery is by far worse than recovery. This is because you are in debilitating pain now, hardly able to engage with life, living a reduced existence - plus you're worried on top of that. I must say I was crying out for the surgery, and kept fairly calm by...
  10. S

    THR 12 weeks and 1 day since surgery--now what?

    Really good to hear of other's activities at this point - thanks for asking this question @hamber. There is this sense of 'what am I allowed to do now?' but I think it is wise to still be cautious as Jamie advises. Things are a bit different for me. I'm waiting on hip 2, so am now doing...
  11. S

    Hip Infection Infection after surgery

    You're so welcome @Glenbud. I hope you can rest as soon as you feel that energy drop. Healing will take some time after the body has suffered such an onslaught - you have endured much more than most have to for a new hip! Nice and easy does it, baby your hip and be patient and kind to yourself...
  12. S

    Thecraw's recovery thread RTHR

    I found this too - pretty much left to my own devices for everything really. OS asked for ice for my swollen leg, but no one to took it away or gave me fresh one until I requested it. And no-one sorted out the bed sheets at night, fell asleep within a bed of turmoil! New hospital, inexperienced...
  13. S

    Teds socks

    As they're synthetic they take very little time to dry - the heat of the dryer may be too much? Roll out in a towel to remove excess water and they'll be ready to wear in no time @Cherdonnay
  14. S

    THR Tweetybrd's new hip!!

    Time for you to focus on healing @Tweetybrd - your own thread reports are incredibly helpful in their own right, and very reassuring to newbies. You keep going with those meds! Was lovely to hear you walked outside, that's always a booster to be in the fresh air without four walls :-) Still no...
  15. S

    Hip Infection Infection after surgery

    @Glenbud, I've just read your thread and am so sorry to hear of your terrible experience. You must be exhausted with the continual worry, repeated surgeries, repeated infections - all incredibly strressful, depleting and taxing. Very hard to comprehend what you've been through. You have great...
Back
Top Bottom