Guest viewing is limited

Thecraw's recovery thread RTHR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't cut those pain meds too quickly. They are the key to you regaining your mobility. At this stage it's best to stay ahead of the pain.
 
Better to be safe and make sure everything is ok. Glad they are doing that before letting you go home. Glad to read the hip is feeling good. Hang in there and you will be home soon. :)
 
Update from today...am still
In hospital but with an end in sight. To get the hip bit out of the way...all great going really well[emoji106]

My issue with rising temps and them wanting to ensure it's not an infection...

I mentioned:

- the rash I had on my back and legs to the dr ( had previously been showing it to the nurses) they thought an allergy to the bedding,

- then my diarrhoea ( which I thought was from the movicol )....the dr looked at me and said ' you have had an allergic reaction to the penicillin used during the op'.

She said between the rash, temp, diarrhoea and everything they have excluded with the testing I have had over the last 3 days I will now be recorded as allergic to penicillin...the big indicator has been the type of rash ...as soon as the Dr saw it she rang the surgeon and they are happy that if all my blood cultures come back good in next 24hr I will be outta here! :) ...they expect the temp due the allergy will alleviate over a period of 4-5 days which means tonight/tomorrow..


Sent from my iPhone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Just an update , got through the night with no fever and also saw the surgeon last night who was happy for me to head home. All the tests they have done have come back as no infection so they are grouping the temp + rash I have as penicillin allergy. I am going to question them a bit more in that before I head off today just to understand what that means...because my understanding is if you have a penicillin allergy it's actually a big deal...anyway

Hip has continued to improve. Have been getting around hospital on one crutch and yesterday headed to the hospital cafe. I have been wearing my Fitbit from day 3 of the op to track everything and will post in a few weeks the progress..ie sleep patterns and step progression. As a guide Sunday which was my original day of leaving I did 1877 steps, Mon 4790 steps. (Too many actually but was bored outta my mind)
My sleep pattern has been pretty consistent at around 5.3 hours per night. My resting heart rate is still pretty high...in the low 80's so will be interesting to see how far that drops over the coming weeks.

Am just on the targin now every 12hrs with no breakthrough endone. Just panadeine. I am sure I will need it over the coming weeks but do have a good baseline to go off.

Other then quite a upset stomach ( which I am sure is not uncommon with the narcotics) am feeling pretty good and look forward to getting into my bed tonight!

Have continued to ask for ice and have been elevating myself...both of which the hospital doesn't seem to pro actively promote...although thy are more then happy for me to do it.

Thanks for listening to my ramblings over the last week :)


Sent from my iPhone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for listening to my ramblings over the last week
No ramblings my friend. This is the real thing - recovery! Glad you are finally heading home. More challenges ahead. We are with you!
 
Yay! Glad you are heading home soon. LOL that one day of steps was crazy!! I have been averaging around the 1800 steps a day mark as well. :)
 
Have continued to ask for ice and have been elevating myself...both of which the hospital doesn't seem to pro actively promote...although thy are more then happy for me to do it.
I found this too - pretty much left to my own devices for everything really. OS asked for ice for my swollen leg, but no one to took it away or gave me fresh one until I requested it. And no-one sorted out the bed sheets at night, fell asleep within a bed of turmoil! New hospital, inexperienced staff I think. Next time I will just ask for these simple things.

You will feel like a new person once you are out of hospital! Much to look forward to, all the little milestones are very rewarding.

Good to hear your stats - interesting :-)
 
Update , which is about 2 weeks post surgery. Have been feeling really good. Am off my crutches and am just on Targin 5mg twice a day. Will wean off that over the coming week. Wounds have healed well and I can get them fully wet now.

Am still recovering from the Keflex reaction I had during the Op with my rash still subsiding in places but as far as the Op goes has been really great!

I am doing around 2500-3500 steps each day. My sleep pattern is still all over the place so need to get that under control over the coming days.

Interestingly my Pulse is still elevated in the mid 80's as a resting heart rate. This is about 15 above where I would normally be at. As I wean off the targin I hope to see it lower. One the side effects is increased heart rate so I am putting my money on that as the culprit..

Will head back to work next week and just start doing a few hours in the office each day. Still can't drive for 2 weeks...


Sent from my iPhone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom