Recent content by ststyle59

  1. S

    THR Swelling post-op...

    ...thank you for your kind words!!
  2. S

    THR Swelling post-op...

    ...again, I apologize for not following the "posting protocol;" I'll do my best to follow your instructions; thank you for your information and overview of my concerns...Best regards...M.
  3. S

    THR Swelling post-op...

    ... thank you for your most informative and kind words; I apologize for not navigating and/or posting in this forum correctly...how do I locate the "Recovery Thread?" ...thank you!!
  4. S

    THR Swelling post-op...

    ... start of day 6 post-op; leg is swollen and tight; pain level about a 4/5; I will assume that due to the severity of which a posterior replacement is performed; this swollen issue is normal...strugglin' in NJ...
  5. S

    THR Swelling post-op...

    ..thank you so much for your detailed replies!! All is well; just got up to use the bathroom and what I gather I'm feelin' is surgical discomfort; only taking Tylenol; whereby I had a bad reaction to both pain medications earlier today; so Tylenol it is!! ..thank you again for your info and...
  6. S

    THR Swelling post-op...

    ...during hospital stay; anyone forget the 90° rule for a couple secs?? ...I did today, surgery day...I'm depleted now... I don't know if I did anything... caused any damage...
  7. S

    THR Pickup for Transport

    ..thank you!!
  8. S

    THR Pickup for Transport

    ....thank you!!
  9. S

    THR Pickup for Transport

    I'm sorry; I'm probably not navigating in the right area on this Forum; I'm having my left hip replaced this coming Friday, 11/27. I joined this forum back in July of 2013 and it was a definite lifesaver...a voluminous value of information!! ...thank you!!
  10. S

    Surgery Date 11/27

    ..target date: day after Thanksgiving; yikes!!
  11. S

    THR Pickup for Transport

    ...howdy "hipsters!!" ...target date next Friday; any tips for getting into a pickup with running boards for 1 1/2 hr. ride home from hospital...thank you..
  12. S

    THR ...it came, it's done, I'm home, hooray!!

    ....thank you so much for your input, think I will cancel my "pt" for tomorrow and later in the week and just go at "my" own pace this week to see how I feel. Thank you again.....
  13. S

    THR ...it came, it's done, I'm home, hooray!!

    ....still need the cane, still have a limp, not like the "hideous limp" prior to surgery, but surgical discomfort, reading many posts about ongoing surgical discomfort, been doing pt and find myself in more pain today than I was in last week, although I don't have that gnawing, aching, arthritic...
  14. S

    THR 8 weeks after THR thigh pain when walking

    @Josephine, that sounds good enough for me, again I really appreciate your input!! Thank you...oh, and speaking of scars, you should see my appendectomy scar from 1969...yee-hah...its a do-zee!!!
  15. S

    THR 8 weeks after THR thigh pain when walking

    @Bessie2, what do you mean by massaging the scar tissue? Thank you for your input, be well....
Back
Top Bottom