ConforMIS
Lounge Doctor

THR Pickup for Transport

ststyle59

Country
United States United States
...howdy "hipsters!!" ...target date next Friday; any tips for getting into a pickup with running boards for 1 1/2 hr. ride home from hospital...thank you..

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Hi @ststyle59
:welome: to Bonesmart and happy to hear you are soon to get your hip replaced soon so you can be back on the road to happy and healthy.
I went home in a F150 with running boards two days after bilateral surgery, and probably in hindsight would have been easier with a medium sized vehicle.:nah:
Luckily, I have fairly good upper body strength and with a little behind support from DH, I got up there slowly but safely.

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Which hip are you having replaced ? and we will add you to the November group along with adding the info to your signature.:ok:

Eman85

post-grad
Country
Go out and try to get in like you've just had a THR. Probably not the best choice of vehicles but if it's all you have I guess you can make do. My wife's Envoy is low for a 4wd so I could just back up to the seat and sit down and then pivot in. My pickup wasn't even a chance I could get in for the first weeks. Then I used a step stool to get in it when I could drive it.

OP
OP
S

ststyle59

Country
I'm sorry; I'm probably not navigating in the right area on this Forum; I'm having my left hip replaced this coming Friday, 11/27. I joined this forum back in July of 2013 and it was a definite lifesaver...a voluminous value of information!! ...thank you!!

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Well, welcome BACK....I see you were here before me!!!
Hope all goes great with number two as you officially join the double hippy club.:happydance::dancy::happydance:
We will be rooting for you.

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Doddy
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom